1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Oregonian] Harden, Parsons, and Lillard discuss "The Shot"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Fantasma Negro

So they expect Harden to forgive and forget? Have reporters ever heard of playing with a chip on their shoulder? It perspectives like this that make me say that non athletes shouldn't talk about athletes, you don't know what it's like to be up with a second left on the clock looking at game seven at home. And then in an instant, on one shot you watch your season come to an end. I don't know what that's like but Harden does and pardon him if he doesn't wanna be buddies with the guy that ended his hope of winning a championship this year. The nba is too friendly as it is , I love when players take losses personal. Kobe does that and he's got five rings

2. J Hard

J Hard Member

Exactly, that was really weak by parsons lol Kobe would've been even more defiant in his response. I love everything about Harden's game, killer instinct etc, that's why I have his name as my username, the best IMO. People are waaay too sensitive these days.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Would you want to keep talking about it over and over? Especially after how the off-season went and with Parsons talking whatever and giving up that shot etc.?

Get off him already. Who cares if Lillard "knew" it was going in, and if Parsons really said what he said or whatever. Why y'all bringin' up old $#!@?

I hope all these anti-bandwagon cheeriopissers either leave or post pics of them eating their crow when the sky doesn't fall and we kick some tail next season.

Did anyone ask Lillard how it felt getting run off the floor by the team we whooped all year? Anyone ask him if they felt like the wrong team advanced to play the spurs after the way they played? Anyone ask him... anything except about that one shot? I'll never know because I don't care what he has/had to say about it. Just like I don't care who heard parsons incorrectly when he said.... whatever man.

People try way too hard reading things into what they think some guy said or what some guy should or shouldn't have said. They shove microphones in their face, ask them loaded questions, and then try to rile up the anger clicks because, ridiculously, that's what works now... and the lemmings eat it all up like it means something deep.

We'll see next season. That there's how it is. The rest is just a bunch of petty tripe.

1 person likes this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

So Lillard credits the stupidity of GQ Flash / aka the best shooting forward in the series (that plays no D and is now a max player whining about comments from Harden - ironic like a fly in your chardonnay) that subsequently lost his assignment on Lillard during the final play and you call out Harden for being pissed off we lost and didn't advance?

Your level of stupidity impresses Lloyd Christmas.

#64 studogg, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That may very well end up being the best moment of Lillard's career, and the last memory of Parsons as a Rocket. Go ahead, live it up, brehs!

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden has had a habit of getting defensive whenever he fails to perform. He often leaves the locker room before media enters when he has a tough game-- a fact noted by local journalists like Jonathan Feigen and MK Bower. He got mad at Fran Blinebury and called him a "wierdo" when Blinebury questioned his subpar game 1 and game 2 performance vs. Portland. Stephen A. Smith even said Harden was way too sensitive about criticism.

I see Harden's refusal to even admit that he spoke to Lillard about the shot as defensive because of how has has acted during his Houston tenure.

It's all well and good to be mad at the loss to Portland and use the loss and criticism as motivation to improve. If so, great. But is this what's going on or is he just pointing the finger at the now-departed Parsons, and maybe Lin or McHale whoever else, and is just mad at the reporters for asking about the subject matter?

We'll find out soon enough from how he performs next season. Hopefully Harden has a more realistic view of his need for improvement than many of his apologists here do.

7. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

To be fair to Harden, that's what he got from the OKC development. All their young stars over there from KD to Westbrook basically have no idea how to manage the media. They always put their foot in their mouths and can't handle when people criticize their game.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Your first two paragraphs as well as the final one are valid arguments
    /points and could stand on their own. It's when you throw in the highly subjective bull**** of the third paragraph that you lose credibility and get back to poo flinging.

In what manner/context/physical or mental expression did harden point the finger at parsons, Lin or mchale? As there was no such a thing, why is it fair to infer any differently and propose this as a valid interpretation.

Quit putting words and thoughts in other peoples mouths.

Squeal piggy

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

Should've asked why none of the 3 play any defense.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Could that shot be a blessing in disguise? It is interesting to wonder if that shot did not go in and we made it to the second round but lost to the Spurs, would Morey have the same firecracker in his a$ś? Will this shot make Harden realize he needs to perform on both sides of the court? As much as I would have loved to keep Parsons, Ariza is better suited to play along side Harden on the wing. It is very much like when Houston picked up Battier or Wesley to cover for Mcgrady's short comings on defense. What I do not understand is why Morey is allowing our bench to regress. That Portland series definitely should have shown that our bench is just as important as the starting lineup come playoff time. Howard was dead exhausted after the games. We have way too many holes right now and that is not going to take us anywhere but a 9th seed again.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Any fan who gives a flying flip on how an athlete handles the media has an agenda that goes beyond the court.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have learned to tune out Harden in the offseason. It really doesn't matter what he said in the press. What matters is how he plays.

13. YourSecretLover

especially in the playoffs

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Lilliard should've asked: "Hey Chandler, did you know you would have to guard me even though I'm much quicker than you?" and to Harden "Hey James, did you really tell Beverley and Chandler to switch at the last second, why didn't you just guard me instead?"

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You don't talk about private conversations to the press, of course the media will paint the story as the guy sticking to generally accepted standards amongst the players as the bad guy, as opposed to the blabber mouth telling them everything.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Exactly what I've been trying to say. Everyone is saying they are glad Harden is still bothered by the loss, but i only see Harden's reaction as what has become the norm for him. For that reason i can't tell if he's really bothered by the loss or not. I would guess he was/is, but I can't give him credit for having his normal reaction. Normally, i wouldn't care too much about a player not wanting to talk more than he needs to, but Harden does it in such a way, that it just seems like he's not willing to accept anything thrown his way, especially after a loss or bad individual performance. If he's just playing difficult to reporters, then i guess it's no more than annoying, but what if being difficult is really a character flaw? Wouldn't that carry over to actual basketball?

#76 RV6, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I really hate talking about this topic.................

every time i randomly see this on ESPN or something i have to turn away.

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Dirk was considered a choker for awhile before he won the ring.

Dirk regular season:
    Nowizki: 23.6 PER, .199 WS/48, 21.7 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 2.7 APG, 1.5 TPG, 0.9 SPG, 0.6 BPG, .603 TS%, .549 eFG%, .497 FG%, .532 2P%, .398 3P%, .899 FT%

Dirk post season:
    Nowitzki: 13.9 PER, .011 WS/48, 19.1 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 1.6 APG, 2.1 TPG, 0.9 SPG, 0.9 BPG, .480 TS%, .433 eFG%, .429 FG%, .465 2P%, .083 3P%, .806 FT%

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

from last season ^

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Exactly. How the hell does Harden being defensive about this topic, means he is pointing the fingers at others? lmao hes just looking for things to bash Harden on