1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Optimism Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jbasket, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My. DVR. is. working. all is well now.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ok guys, Orange just made a super bowl jinx thread, I take back everything I said. We are done :(

3. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

new season. keep the faith. 1-0. that is all that matters.

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

I agree, and last year we stepped up to the occasion with what we had. I am feeling for the same again.

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I keep trying to be optimistic, but the way they have been playing lately, its hard. I know that come Saturday though, I'll be all pumped, try and convince myself that they are gonna get their $h!t together, get on a roll, and shock the NFL, lol.

1 person likes this.
  6. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Zero stars thread

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Kubiak and schaub are terrible. Fact.

8. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

When we get by the Bungholes....this is actually the kind of team built to play in the elements. Defense, Running game...

9. SWTsig

Just like in new England!

10. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

This line will step up, they have been playing like crap and they know it.

11. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

I love it how people STILL will come on this thread and bash the Texans--it's called the OPTIMISM THREAD!! There are plenty of other threads for spewing negativity. GO THERE!

...AND GO TEXANS!

Vikings game was all about stopping AD and we did that. Colts game was all about the fumble we didn't get, the untouched KR and Dre dropping the TD pass. That was Cancer Karma working against us.

This game is about finishing what we started and getting the ring. Here we go!

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Last year we also were "reeling" when we were going to the playoffs. Different under a 3rd string quarterback, but still shows the fact that we can and probably will play back to our level in the playoffs.

13. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

I just want to say kudos to jbasket for this thread. Keep the faith man! :)

I have lost all optimism myself after watching how putrid the team looked the last month. But, he didn't come in here with a pointless "rah, rah, GO Texans!!!!" rant... he laid out very specific, well-reasoned arguments for how he can be optimistic and has defended it well. Good stuff.

I'm actually envious of his optimism, and tried really hard to let the arguments turn me, but still too cynical as a long-time Houston sports fan to buy into it. That's actually kind of sad, now that I think about it. Keep selling it jbasket.

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He isn't elite. He made a case last year and didn't fulfill it this year.

That being said Schaub is no Eli.

Texans 24 Bungles 17

#34 ubigred, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  15. jbasket

jbasket Member

How is Eli Manning not elite? He has won two superbowls by outplaying Brady, thrown for over 5000 yards, and has made several clutch throws in the playoffs/superbowl. "He made a case" : no, he solidified his case as an elite quarterback. It is without question.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

To be honest, I think it is the Rockets good future and smart moves. Also, based off last year's run, I think the Texans are different than the Oilers. It will be a tough road though, that is a fact.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Dammit everyone can't be elite. You are not elite when you lead the league in turnovers. You are not elite when you don't make the playoffs.

Rodgers
    Brady
    Manning

Right there that's elite.

Imo, I call Big Ben and Eli 'gamers' . They shine bright in the spotlight.

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Eli are the elite QBs in this league. I personally think Big Ben's best days are behind him, but I might be wrong, and he then would be the sixth and final elite QB. Chances are, all six of these QB's will be in the hall of fame.

19. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

One thing to be optimistic about is the fact that odds on we have a better shot at making the Super Bowl than the Broncos.....#1 seeds hardly ever make it to the SB. It's a fact.

Maybe HAVING to play and not take time off is a blessing in disguise.

But it sure seems it would have been easier having a week off and all games at home.

20. SWTsig

If there's anything going for us it's the fact that expectations are in the gutter. No one is expecting anything from us which is clearly the only time schaub and company play at their best. I agree w bobblehead that dropping to the 3 seed may be a blessing in disguise.