1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Onion] Yao Retirement Article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Major Malcontent, Jul 19, 2011.

?

Is this article?

1. Slanderous Untrue and Unfunny

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. Untrue but funny anyway

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Kinda True

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Onion writer will have to go into the witness protection program when the YOF's read this.

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. bloop

bloop Member

Is it supposed to be funny though? It's the Onion so real question.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's kinda what happens when guys get tons of hype and then can rarely ever suit up.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6jRXhj1PpFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regardless of what anyone will say, it brings tears to my eyes to think about how Yao, and what he brought to the Rockets, won't ever be on court again. I'll miss watching Yao. This moment from this video is the defining moment of what Yao was in my opinion. I'll never forget this and what I learned about determination. I don't care if he never won a ring. A person like this and that entire roster were champions that year.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

ugh. the onion's facebook page just posted this again in their "best of the year" series, only to change the headline to 22 points and 7 rebounds against charlotte.

I couldnt help but write them how I felt about it and I'll probably get trolled but I swear this satire article is a Piece of trash.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

They make fun of everybody. chillout lol

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

"fun" being the operative word. this is plain cheap.

and it hurts having to read it all over again, the way they cheapened it even more for more Internet hits.

I'll get over it.