1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official WTF is wrong with clutch fans thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TDRox, Apr 30, 2013.

1. TDRox

TDRox Member

It's 4am and I just got home from work (I work in a bar, where I had the Rockets - Thunder game on with sound, which is a big deal here in Vancouver, Canada since it's all hockey hockey hockey), and was so amazingly happy when the Rockets won that I bought shots for everyone in the bar and was running around cheering like a lunatic even though no one was actually watching the game but me. Anyways, I was riding this incredible high all night and finally get home to go on Clutchfans like I always do to relive the win and instead all I find are threads about how Harden sucks and all this bickering about Lin, Harden, McFail etc etc... instead of how awesome this win was. WTF? Am I on the Thunder fan site? What a downer. Whatever. I'm a little drunk from celebrating our win, but just wanted to rant about the deterioration of this site through no fault of the true Rocket fans here. For all you "other" fans, GTFO.

11 people like this.
  2. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Thanks for this

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Because we won the game in spite of Harden. He had 3 ISO plays that amounted to nothing while we had more than a 2 point lead. In your mind, you almost know they're not going to work, so, in a sense, it's kind of like a TO in addition to his 10 TOs.

In game 3, he missed 2 crucial free throws PLUS 2 key turnovers in the final seconds. If he just committed 2 of those mistakes, we would have won the game, but no...he had to do so many at the same time that cost us the game. We really ought to tied 2-2, and maybe even up 3-1 because game 2 was darn close too. But, yea, Harden basically lost us game 3, and nearly lost game 4 for us. That's why we are so pissed.

1 person likes this.
  4. dragonz

dragonz Member

Hey man, its awesome to see some passionate here once a while, we are lacking it nowadays but filled with b****ing and whining. I am just so glad that we didn't get swapped, although the team Rockets can be frustrating sometimes, we did have alot of exciting games this year, GOOO ROCKETS!

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Yay~~~ Positive, not negative~~~ :grin:

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thank you, OP.

Aaaaaaaaaaand glacier921 goes to the Ignore list.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You have to calm down. Look at yourself right now. Instead of just enjoying the game of basketball, you're stressing yourself out on a player who's currently in a slump right now but he has done a lot for this team this season and he's the reason why we're on the post-season in the first place, so at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

You wouldn't want people to instantly judge you either, right? One thing that you have to have when following and rooting for a young team is patience. Keep and open mind and don't forget the focus on the big picture. Give him and the team at least a couple of years to figure themselves out, man. It's unfair for anyone what you're doing right now. Real talk.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Apologize for the typos.

9. logggur

logggur Member

I didn't get on last night and thought you were exaggerating, then I see this thread title: " Trade Harden in the offseason for Demarcus Cousins and 2pat back."

I'm not even clicking on that. Gah, this is ridiculous, dude is just having a rough stretch after a full season of frequently carrying the entire team on his back.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Stop crapping on our layers

So im sitting here icing my knee after footy, just came back from another mcl injury. Injuries suck. No matter what sport you play, being off even that 5% can mean the difference between a good and VERY good player. Now I know I'm not getting paid 80 million dollars to bounce a ball, the physios probably aren't world class, but there is obviously something wrong with Harden physically, and some of the comments, particularly in the game thread are bordering on insanity.

This maybe a bit of pot calling the kettle black, I thought he was poor tonight, we all thought he was, deservedly, but he has not looked at all the same since whatever happened to his knee. His FG% has dropped, he's struggled at the rim, and his midrange/3pt shot isnt falling. Yes his iso/heroball antics were downright maddening, but he is doing what WE ALL billed him as. A top 6/7/8 player, with his offensive talents takes over in clutch situations. He is simply not there yet, and there NOTHING wrong with that.

Alot of the expectations we have of Harden are not that dissimilar to Lin, just on a more elite level. He started off with back to back monstrous games/ Feb month created linsanityish expectations, everyone was creaming themselves over nabbing him for a bunch of aloof beanstalks, but we have forgotten this is the end of his first year as a starter, as a number one option. To expect him to perform at an MVP candidate level night in night out is insane. He is not Lebron James/Kobe Bryant/ Carmelo, but hes the best damn shot we've had in a very long time at turning into something like that.

So stop whining and crying about how Harden isnt a superstar, how Lin looked like the bucks mascot in a firing line in his first playoff outing, how Dmo cant defend a traffic cone or how you're jealous of not getting dap from Parsons. Because Baring a trade for a Chris Paul/Elite level talent, Lin and Harden aren't going anywhere. Morey sees beyond 2/3 crappy injury affected showings, he sees beyond a fuzzy beard trying to put the team on his back. So just relax. This team is amazing to watch, and Parsons/Garcia in particular were spectacular today.

So relax ye

[​IMG]

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Wow screwed up the title. I'll show myself out

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Stop whating on our what?

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Title is misleading.....

Do we pay our players in gum?

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Stop crapping on our Players

BAH

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Stop calling our players brick lay... (stops, actually reads the post).... oh nm I agree :p

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

don't know about everyone else but earth's mantle is my favorite layer

17. conquistador#11

a ton of posters are good with layers. just check out any photoshop thread.

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

ROFLMAO!!!

19. conquistador#11

It's these young bloods who want to fly before they even crawl. Even the coaching staff is just learning. The criticism with humor I can appreciate but people, a certain few but the most vocal, take it to another level.

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I like the core. Is that a layer?