1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Wii Launch Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Zelda and Red Steel for me.

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Gamecube didn't have a mario title either. They had some crappy Luigi game instead.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

My plan is to get Zelda or Red Steel, but I may wait because my GameFly is due to ship both to me and I will atempt to hold out to try both before I buy.. I'll grab another controller if they have them in the store..

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

If you guys don't mind waiting a few days for your games...

Red Steel and others are available on buy.com right now, some with free shipping. If you order individually, you get 10 bucks off purchases over 30 dollars.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I just wanted to make an update to the component cable thing, though I still think nintendo dropped the ball by not making them available in stores day 1 they definitely are doing their best to make amends. first they set up the phone line, then when they realized how big the demand was (they should have known in the first place) they opened web orders.

after believing my order was backordered, they not only shipped it same day but upgraded me to the best shipping available (7 dollars more than I actually paid for), I'm more than satisfied. gj nintendo.

#85 seclusion, Nov 16, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

from the nintendo store site:

Due to high demand, our initial allotment of the Wii Component Video Cables has been depleted. We expect to begin shipping again the week of November 28, 2006.

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Any word on how many Wii's each Wal-Mart will be receiving?

I'm planning to wait in line Saturday (not sure what time I'll show up) at one of the many Wal-Mart locations here in Austin.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

wii locator

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

wonder if that's telling about the actual demand, if so I'm glad I stood in line for that 45 minutes to preorder.

10. Enron

Enron Member

monkey balls? if their games weren't aimed at 10 year olds, I would definitely look into getting one of these. Plus the one handed-remote control is too futuristic for me.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Sony just released a new audio device that I think is right up your alley.

[​IMG]

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

most ironic statement I've seen in awhile...

yeah alot of the games are geared to be playable by people of all ages...but something doesn't have to be rated m to be fun. for example by all accounts this is the most dark / mature zelda yet, it seems to me nintendo has learned their lesson from the gamecube [one of the many reasons I didn't own one.] and realize that a large number of people want more mature titles.

also, it should be noted nintendo has gone on the record recently as saying they will not be against having games such as gta on this console. to each his own.

I play fps at a "professional" level, and I essentially spend several hours a day shooting at people...that doesn't mean I don't want to play mario...or even something like supermonkey ball. a change of pace is always nice.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You can usually tell the difference between gamers and the people who will eventually tell police that they were inspired by GTA or something during questioning, making things worse for the rest of us.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

haha.

15. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I put some money into my bank account just in case I want to wait out for the Wii Saturday night. I saw Gamespot's show online a few minutes ago and Monkey Ball looks like a lot of fun. Red Steel is something I'll be interested in as well.

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

IGN reviews Rayman and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam:
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746378p1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746341p1.html

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

you make a game, that is supposed to be pretty...and then you DON'T include the must-have option on the system that instantly makes the game look tons better?

way to lose my 50 bucks, idiots. I can't even believe that.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Some more bad news (although not really that big of a deal for most gamers IMO):
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746426p1.html

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

yeah I caught that one, it's not so imperative...I kinda expected something like that to be working immediately, but I can live without it for awhile -- considering I have a comp 3 feet from my tv...not to mention I believe though the channels won't work the internet still will so.

20. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Nice! It looks like the Toys R Us on Westheimer is having a midnight sale and the store is expected to have plenty of units on stock. I figure just showing up at midnight would almost guarantee availability unless lines are expected to start forming much earlier.