1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official unofficial Josh Smith Dwight Howard campaign thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 6, 2013.

1. Sanity2disChaos

Respect the link buuuuuttt numerous sources have said it is LA first with Broklyn,Houston,Dallas and then Atlanta ;in that order. I dont see Howard returning to the East ever. If the Nets are not in play to get him expect Howard to stay in the WEST.Atlanta is in no way able to contend with the teams in the East...Even If they added Howard to their current roster they would still be the 5th or 6th best team in the East which equals no championships, which equals Howard not in ATL.

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

yeah with his love for the "Big Market" I don't really see the interest in Atlanta other than the fact that he's from there. Considering Atlanta is the least profitable team in the NBA with a staggering loss of $19M last season, I'm not sure if he can do any worse....lol..outside of maybe going to Milwaukee.

As much as you try not to be a homer, you have honestly say that Houston is the best choice for him.

3. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

So the Hawks would add Howard and still finish 5th of 6th. They finished 6th(1game from 5th) this year w/o Dwight and they also didn't have Lou Williams or Zaza Pachullia so that doesn't make any sense. You're also forgetting they have enough space to sign Paul or another solid FA with all the money they have.

Brooklyn can't sign him and no way he signs with Dallas over ATL or Houston. The best chance for him to win a championship would be Atlanta but that'd have to include Chris Paul going there too.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Atlanta will have 48,000 cleared up for the off-season due to all the expiring deals.

A line-up something like this:
    Chris Paul/Devin Harris (Resign)
    John Jenkins/Lou Williams
    Kyle Korver (Resign)/DeShawn Stevenson
    Al Horford/Ivan Johnson
    Dwight Howard/Zaza Pachulia (Resign)

Is definitely something that can contend for a top 3 seed. I don't know if either CP3 or Howard want to play in the same division as the Heat, however. Like I said before, nobody wants to have to go through the Heat just to get to the Finals, just as nobody wanted to go through the Bulls in the 90s. The West has always been wide open; if you want to build a super-team, you build it there.

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

There is zero steam for this. CP3 is not going to atlanta. I dont know why people keep saying this. If howard and cp3 are teamed up it will be in houston.

WE CAN CLEAR SPACE FOR THEM BOTH ... IT IS POSSIBLE... SOOOOO ifffff THEY ARE going to join up it will be in houston. With a 3rd all star, and a much younger high potential team...with a GM that has a unique ability to add high end talent at minimum salary.

6. HtownSportsFan

Just a tid bit of info, Daryl Morey followed Chris Paul and Dwight Howard on twitter a day or so ago. It prolly doesnt mean anything but it's food for thought.