1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Rick and Ricky in Minnesota Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Dec 9, 2011.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Minny shot 10-11 from downtown in the first half. Barea brought that Mavs playoff mentality to the team

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

When did Kevin Love become a 3pt shooter ?

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He was a steal. Surprised nobody could pay the little brave man.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Sarcasm? He shot a bunch of 3s last year. He's always had good touch for a big man.

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Wait what the freaking hell? You mean NBA players blew some assist opportunities? How the hell could this possibly happen?

DD has been claiming for months in this forum that as soon as he came to the Wolves and its "superior players" they would finish everything, and either make a jump shot or dunk and every single pass he made.

That his because unlike "those horrible scrubs in Europe" NBA players "finish everything off a good pass."

Amazing how in just 9 minutes those "amazingly superior NBA players" already "blew two assist opportunities".............

Yeah, the true basketball genius of Da Dakota never ceases to amaze.

OHMSS

6. plates300

plates300 Member

Rubio looks pretty good so far. Definitely going to keep a watch on the twolves this season.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

Their bigs can really shoot the threes.

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rubio looks very very good so far.

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I would love to see a post where DD said they would capitalize on EVERY opportunity..

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ok...? :confused:

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'll say this much. The crowd tonight in Minnesota went NUTS for Rubio and his passing. Towards the end of the game, there was another potential Rubio to Williams alley oop ( Williams blew the dunk) and people were standing up by the time Rubio was at midcourt.

I'm shocked to see that he had only seven when I check the boxscore. Felt like he had a lot more.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How did their 30 year old rookie played? The one kahn drafted this year.lmao

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Can't decide what's going to be more fun to watch, Rubio playing well or OHMSS' reaction to Rubio playing well.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

No idea what you're talking about. Wells was the only old guy who played, and Adelman just needs to ship him back to China asap. He sucks.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Goodluck to that. I bet he plays 20 mins every game.

16. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He said it numerous times.

Besides, I counted............Wolves only converted 50% of Rubio's setups into points.

That's significantly lower of an average than his Barca teammates would normally convert (around 70%).

Looks like DD's theory was total bull ****.

17. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

IMPOSSIBLE.

DD has been schooling me for endless months here in this forum about how any good pass to an open shooter or any good lob to a "superior NBA athlete" is automatically converted and how "NBA players never ever miss a wide open dunk off a good pass".........

He's also been educating me on how when Rubio played with Barca, his teammates "could never make any shots or dunks or layups no matter how perfect the pass were because they all suck and can't jump".

Then I watch this game to see if the all knowing genius of basketball knowledge, Mr. DD was right. And strangely enough I saw missed wide open shots, blown layups, missed dunks off lob passes, and just a 50% conversion ration on Rubio setup plays.

Yeah, looks like DD's assertion that "now on the Wolves he will be playing with superior players" was totally wrong - just like everything DD claims on this forum is totally wrong.

On that blown lob pass, Rubio was mistaking that he was passing to Fran Vazuez, who can probably get a foot higher and would have dunked that down with absolute ease.

Rubio will have to learn that he isn't lobbing to Vazquez and N'Dong anymore and that he has to start throwing much lower lobs to those Wolves players, since they are way less athletic than the guys he threw lobs to with Barca.

He will adjust though, once he realizes how much less hops the Wolves players have than what he is used to playing with.

OHMSS

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL take it easy OHMMS, you might have a heart attack.

Fran Vazquez is a legit NBA lottery pick, too bad he stayed in Europe, if he hadn't Orlando would probably have a ring by now.

BTW looks like I was right, Rubio, Love and Derrick Williams are gonna flourish in RA's system. The numbnut brigade though, not so much.

I wonder if we can swing a trade of C-bud, Lee and the Knicks pick for Derrick Williams?

19. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Hey man, I just feel justified to point out what an idiot and troll that DD guy really is.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

OH THE IRONY!!!