1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Off-Season Thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingSamJack, Apr 23, 2014.

1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Getting swept is not the best thing, we worked hard for the 4th seed just to be swept by a team we talk so much **** about in the is it time to take the blazers serious thread.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Fire Mchale now

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder if getting bounced in the first round is going to affect any fee agent acquisitions. we did this well last year.

4. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

Defiantly agree with op

5. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Make James soften

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We need Melo.
    Our defense is already shot.
    Might as well go all out offense. Yolo.
    Oh yeah and then fire McHale and hire pringles.

Let's score 150 points per game and give up 150.

7. Andrew Wiggins

I agree, we are a try hard team and play hard all season. All that work was taken away in one 4 hour game. The blazers have talent and i feared playing them for this reason. We suck at rebounding, they own at it. That and the math ups and aldridge.

8. shlhl

shlhl Member

Never thought it is possible to lose this series at 0-4. It could happen.

9. JazzLakerHater

People just need to face the truth. Kevin McHale IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. As much as I would love to see it, it is just not happening IMO.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd rather come back and win.

Gotta stop pretending the future will be great and start fighting to make a great future.

11. Andrew Wiggins

The league might give us 1 game if they are nice enough. Extending the series just to milk houston fans for all theyre worth without risking all the money thats on houston winning the series.

12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Melo is not going to leave NYC

13. chandlerbang21

Make harden lose weight and get some variety in his game

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It seems this group of players are happy with each others in the locker room, but obviously you can tell from lots of small details that they are not playing happily as a group on the floor more than often.

Harden often had a very bad body language when play with Lin, Howard also had that moment yelling "give me the F**KING ball" in tonight's game, and then Lin is always not comfortable playing with Harden together.

This is only a decent group of players on paper, but in reality, it will fail more than often in crunch time, such as in playoff.

Having a mediocre coach won't help either.

Getting a new coach will help, change the roster will help, but the most important thing next year will be having a new coach that can change Harden's attitude to play on the floor.

We can only hope that by getting a better PG next year and will create more quality shots for Harden that can improve both the way he played offensively and defensively, otherwise, he will not worth a shot to give him the second contract.

The way Harden played, we won't win a championship.

15. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

So - If the Rockets win the next game, will you quote how many teams have come back from a 1-2 deficit to win?

Probably a higher number, no?

I'm pretty down about it too, but it's not time to kick the team to the curb.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep. LOL at all the old timers taking out their frustrations on the op for what is actually a realistic thread.

17. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

The mods combined my thread and that other guys thread so i am guessing they are taking it out on both of us. :(

18. Andrew Wiggins

THE WORST PART ABOUT THIS OFFSEASON WILL BE ALL OF THE DOES DWIGHT REGRET GOING TO HOUSTON AFTER GETTING BOUNCED OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND GUARANTEED.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Cant blame the die hards. There are a lot of new fans with false hope as well. We understand it but they dont. We will most likely lose game 3 and they will still have hope.

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This is more on Morey than anyone else, he built the coaching staff from scratch. He hired McHale with the expectation that his coaching staff would be there to support him. The problem is Sampson, as much hate as he got during his temporary coaching duties, was the one that got these guys to play defense. Since his departure, the Rockets have kept only 1 team under 100 points.