1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Official Landry is a King Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tenchi, Feb 18, 2010.

1. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

Goodbye good Sir :(

2. landryfan

landryfan Member

We won't get over it. We will just have to get used to it :(

3. Robo

Robo Member

Goodbye Landry!! Sign with us in 2012!!

4. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Thank you Mr. Landry wish it could have been cook + dorsey + hayes,
    from takn bullets to elbows & missn teeth and playn balls out full speed every night.
    wishing Landry the best of luck

5. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

I'll definitely miss Landry. But I'll still root for him on the Kings. It's like when we traded Cat: He's always a Rocket.

6. landryfan

landryfan Member

I can hear the dentists in Houston crying :(

7. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

We love you Landry.....good luck my man!

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'll forever be a Landry fan. I will be following his career.

Best of luck, Carl. Now you get to be the starter and show your All-Star potential.

9. Convictedstupid

Today, Mandry is king.

Live forever you sweet prince.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Will definitely miss Carl.

11. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

i wish carl all the best for his future.

morey did the right thing, though. landry's value is probably as high as it will ever get. he's a polished offensive player and he'll get a bigger contract rather sooner than later. i doubt that he's got true star potential, though, so now was the best time for the rockets to trade him.

12. landryfan

landryfan Member

One of my favorite carl landry moments: In his rookie year we were playing the spurs, the rockets just missed a shot and were running the other way to play defense. All you could see on the screen was Tim Duncan standing there waiting for the rebound to come to him. Out of nowhere came a bird!, a plane!, no, it was Carl Landry for the putback dunk over Duncan! Duncans face was like "are these the houston rockets?"

13. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

hopefullly this ended on a good note. I hate losing him, but we potentionaly gained so much.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I loved this kid as a rocket so much...just proved to all of of us what hard work and dirty work can do

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

bleh typo. Landry proved to all of us how little talent means when it comes to heart.

3 long years of watching him develop and he is easily one of my top 5 rockets of all time. Yes he is, say all you guys want but this dude sacrificed limb body, teeth (lol), for us every game.

Will root for landry every game not vs the rockets.

16. landryfan

landryfan Member

dirty work? Did he play for utah?

17. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

March 3...Kings @ Rockets

I expect a standing ovation for Mr. Landry!

18. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

Gonna miss Landry too, always gave it everything he had and played with a lot of heart every game. Could definitely be on his way to stardom.

I think it's pretty safe to say now that Landry's one of my favorite players outside of the Rockets.

19. Egghead

Egghead Member

KINGS ACQUIRE CARL LANDRY, JOEY DORSEY AND LARRY HUGHES IN THREE-WAY TRADE WITH HOUSTON AND NEW YORK

SACRAMENTO, CA, February 18, 2010 ---- The Sacramento Kings today acquired Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey, Larry Hughes and cash considerations in a three-way trade with the Houston Rockets and New York Knicks in exchange for Kevin Martin, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez, it was announced by Kings President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie.

In a separate trade, the Kings acquired Dominic McGuire and cash considerations from the Washington Wizards in exchange for a protected 2010 second round draft pick. Additionally, Sacramento waived Kenny Thomas.

"We're really excited about the trade today and the acquisition of Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey and Larry Hughes," said Petrie. "We particularly feel that we've augmented our frontcourt with Landry's ability to score the ball inside and out and Dorsey as an interior rebounder and shot-blocker. They'll bring an additional level of toughness and productivity that will help us going forward. I want to personally thank Kevin Martin for the tremendous years of service that he gave to the Kings. I wish him the greatest success along with Hilton and Sergio."

The Kings will now be in the top four in the NBA in terms of salary cap flexibility moving forward, putting the team in an enviable position for future free agent acquisitions.

"We are so excited about adding Carl Landry to this young team. This is yet another piece of the puzzle in our quest to become a contender once again in the National Basketball Association," said Kings co-owner Joe Maloof. "We are committed to that promise."

Maloof isn't the only one singing Landry's praises. Here's what some top players and coaches have said about Landry:

"Carl Landry, to me, is the best sixth man in the game right now. If he doesn't win the Sixth Man of the Year, I'm going to be very disappointed. I feel very proud, I was able to help him and look after him. Now, I want him to be recognized for his effort. He's averaging all these points off the bench. I think he deserves more recognition. If there was a way the coaches can select somebody coming off the bench as the sixth man to make the All-Star team, I think Carl Landry deserves it. He's improving on both ends of the floor."
    – Four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year Dikembe Mutombo

"Carl Landry is an animal. My son Trey and I have created a database. All the stats, everything that happens in a game, we have all these searches where I can break down where people score from, when they score, what kind of game climate it is and all that stuff. Landry is right up there with the superstars. In fact, he's probably scoring at a higher percentage than some of the guys who are going to be in the All-Star game. I saw him against Andrew Bynum the other night – you know, Bynum is one of the longest players in the league – and they're throwing the ball inside to Landry and he's right in rhythm. It doesn't even faze him. He also should be considered as an All-Star. He's a special player. The NBA knows about him now."
    – Former Rockets and Lakers head coach Rudy Tomjanovich

"Wow. He just keeps getting better and better every game he plays. He is undersized, but he plays so much bigger on the court."
    – Marcus Camby, Portland Trail Blazers

"He is very enthusiastic and plays with an energy that really helps us. It's infectious to other guys - the way he plays, the effort he makes. That's what you love about him. The game changes when he goes in. The energy level goes up. The enthusiasm - everything about the game - changes for us because he has the quickness and explosiveness the other guys don't have.''
    -- Rockets head coach Rick Adelman

Landry, a 6-9, 248-pound forward, who is currently in his third NBA season (all with Houston), is averaging 16.1 points (.547 FGs, .839 FTs) and 5.5 rebounds per game this year in 52 contests with the Rockets. He has totaled career NBA averages of 11.2 points (.569 FGs, .250 3FGs, .797 FTs) and 5.1 rebounds per game through 163 outings. Landry has appeared in 19 career playoff games, averaging 6.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. He was selected by the Seattle Sonics in the second round (31st overall) of the 2007 NBA Draft out of Purdue (Seattle traded his draft rights to Houston).

"I can't wait to see Carl Landry in a Kings home jersey on Feb. 23 against Detroit," said Kings co-owner Gavin Maloof. "Wait until he sees the warm welcome from the ARCO faithful… he's going to know he's home. I'd love to see all Kings fans join Joe and I in welcoming Carl, Joey, Larry and Dominic to ARCO Arena on Feb. 23."

Its a sad day :(

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

more

Sacramento Lands Standout in Landry

Tough, energetic and efficient, 6-foot-9, 248-pound Carl Landry joins the Kings as the current frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year honors.

“It is not about the height or the size,” Landry, after posting 26 points and nine rebounds in a winning effort on December 26, 2009, said. “It’s about the heart, courage and toughness.”

The native of Milwaukee, Wis., is averaging 16.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists and 0.9 blocks in 27.2 minutes per game, while shooting 54.7 percent from the field (third-highest percentage among forwards) and 83.9 percent from the free throw line.

Among NBA players who have come off the bench at least half of the season (27 games), the former Purdue Boilermaker ranks first in efficiency (16.6), second in scoring and double-doubles (4) and sixth in rebounding.

While two of the stories that have gained him a reputation of durability have come off the court – Landry Shot Near Downtown Houston and Landry’s Teeth End Up in Nowitzki’s Arm - his on-court production has earned him notoriety as a game-changer. Particularly impressive and promising for Sacramento is the third-year forward’s ability to score in crunch time. Currently, Landry ranks second in the League in fourth-quarter scoring average (6.4) and third in total final-period points (332).

Check out the impressive adoration former teammates, head coaches, opposing players and NBA legends have given the team-first standout and newest member of the Kings.

“Carl Landry, to me, is the best sixth man in the game right now. If he doesn’t win the Sixth Man of the Year, I’m going to be very disappointed. I feel very proud, I was able to help him and look after him. I’m happy he got a chance to listen and to put everything I said to him at practice. Now, I want him to be recognized for his effort. He’s averaging all these points off the bench. I think he deserves more recognition. There’s not much that’s being said about him. If there was a way the coaches can select somebody coming off the bench as the sixth man to make the All-Star team, I think Carl Landry deserves it. He’s improving on both ends of the floor.” – Four-Time NBA Defensive Player of the Year Dikembe Mutombo, Jan. 27, 2010.

Carl Landry is an animal. My son Trey and I have created a database. All the stats, everything that happens in a game, we have all these searches where I can break down where people score from, when they score, what kind of game climate it is and all that stuff. Landry is right up there with the superstars. In fact, he’s probably scoring at a higher percentage than some of the guys who are going to be in the All-Star game. I saw him against Andrew Bynum the other night – you know, Bynum is one of the longest players in the league – and they’re throwing the ball inside to Landry and he’s right in rhythm. It doesn’t even faze him. He also should be considered as an All-Star. He’s a special player. A lot of people don’t know him… The NBA knows about him now.” – Former Rockets and LA Lakers Head Coach Rudy Tomjanovich, Jan. 7, 2010.

“Wow. He just keeps getting better and better every game he plays. He is undersized, but he plays so much bigger on the court.” – Portland Trail Blazers center Marcus Camby, Dec. 23, 2009.

“Carl Landry’s a hard worker.” -Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith, Nov. 20, 2009.

“Carl has been great for us. His energy and punch off the bench has been outstanding.” -Rockets forward Shane Battier, Mar. 17, 2009.

“Carl is as happy go-lucky as they come. The enthusiasm is infectious. A great guy to be around.” – Rockets forward Shane Battier, Mar. 30, 2009.

“He is very enthusiastic and plays with an energy that really helps us. It’s infectious to other guys - the way he plays, the effort he makes. That play the other night when he got the cut lip (diving into the courtside seats), a lot of guys wouldn’t have done that. But Carl, he’s shown that every day with us. That’s what you love about him. The game changes when he goes in. The energy level goes up. The enthusiasm - everything about the game - changes for us because he has the quickness and explosiveness the other guys don’t have.” -Rockets Head Coach Rick Adelman, Jan. 31, 2008.

“I thought the kid (Carl) Landry did some really explosive things in the post.” – Former Charlotte Bobcats Head Coach Sam Vincent, June 15, 2007.

Along with Landry, the Kings added his Houston Rockets teammate Joey Dorsey — a second-year forward-center who describes himself as “Ray Lewis with a basketball” – former New York Knicks guard Larry Hughes – who is expected to be out for at least four weeks with a fractured finger and will remain on the East Coast during rehabilitation – and former Washington Wizards forward Dominic McGuire – a former Fresno State Bulldog.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    http://fullcourtpress.kingsconnect.com/archives/5390