1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official "Keep Aaron Brooks" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Jul 15, 2010.

1. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

TIMES CHANGED! U DO NEED A PG WHO CAN SHOOT THE BALL! he cant defend those big guards 1on1, but none of em can guard AB either. this team has only one all-star lvl player, thats AB. remember the serie against Fakers? we can easily replace yao ming for some bigman who can protect the paint 35mins+, we can easily start a young sf instead of battier, and lowry is just backup material in NBA, BUT AB IS DIFFERENT, U CANT FIND A BETTER PG IN THE MARKET! chris paul<AB

2. AggieRocketsFan

Brooks and Lowry may both be point guards, but they each play completely different roles on the Rockets. All that matters is that their roles continue to compliment each other in the future, like they have proven to do in the past.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Seems like the vast majority on this board would prefer to keep Brooks. It's just a small, vocal minority of idiots who keep clamoring for Lowry to start.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

nice gesture.

the Rockets know what they have in Brooks. Lowry's fans may be rabid, and Kyle deserves no less, but Aaron starts as the el numero uno pg.

interesting thing about the Kyle/Aaron debacle? Lowry's faithful, for the most part, are determined to trade AB. lotta times for spare parts! :eek:

"get me a hacked up backup center & a broken down pg for Brooks" Lowry advocate

"we're fresh outah centers & pgs, want some ham & cheese?" market folks

Lowry fans, "Yup! We don't really believe our boy can win the position competitively. Err ... can we get that ham & cheese on rye?"

Brooks' fans, otoh, are pretty chill with Kyle. no fevered attempts to ship him, we appreciate the backup pg!

WE HAVE BOTH PLAYERS. BOTH BRING THEIR SKILLS. TRUE ROCKET FAITHFULS WOULD REJOICE.

5. DUHK

DUHK Member

I love AB and Kyle equally. I think they compliment each other so well. One thing I do hate is when people start discrediting player's talent just to try to make their point valid. AB is not an "awful, awful point guard" nor is Kyle Lowry. If you were to bring up some valid points, then I could do nothing but agree with you. But if it is true that Aaron Brook cannot do any of the above, why in the world is he starting in the NBA? It is because of arguments, whether for or against AB or Kyle, that we get soo many outright ridiculous posts based just on emotion.

6. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I agree keep AB... just out of curiousity, how long after Lowry is signed can we trade him (or any player for that matter)?

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think half way through the first year

8. Rocketfanatic2

I think this might somewhat answer your question.

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I love Brooks's style of playing at the PG position and wouldn't mind keeping the MIP of 2010 ... but we'll see what DM has in mind.

10. albuster

albuster Member

Brooks is a very good player. If only he has the instincts and court vision of a PG, and if only he can pass and defend, then he is the Rockets' PG for the next several years.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Keep Brooks unless we can deal him for Granger or Rubio.

12. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

u dont hv to post the same thing on every thread :rolleyes:

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

AB's value is going no where but up! And I would much rather have Granger then CP3 cause he basically fills the voids in our lineup and IMO the our SF position is the weakest link.

14. crocktees

crocktees Member

Remember Kenny Smith and how good we got when he learned to shoot threes consistently? There were ppl that wanted to trade him as well. :confused: AB is the perfect PG if we are going to play the inside out game. Lowry is a great 6th man/energy guy. Keep them both, use the picks and Ariza for Granger.

15. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

AB Fans need to ask themselves this question.

If we wanted Granger and Pacers wanted AB to make this happen, would you trade AB to make it happen?

Most Rocket fans will say "Yes"

The Official "Keep Aaron Brooks" only applies if its a horrible trade, which some Rocket fans have proposed...I wouldn't trade AB for a bag of chips.....but on this team his value is the 2nd highest (Even DM said it. After Yao, teams do ask for AB).............

Its not even about Lowry vs AB.......Some fans make it seem that way...but the truth is....AB has the higher value and if teams wanted him for a Granger Type...than you make it happen because Lowry is a serviceable PG.

If we had AB + D-League player.... AB value as a player on this team becomes much higher and with that scenario its possible DM may not even offer AB in any trades.

16. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

I really don't find the need for us to find another point guard when we already have Lowry back and of course when we have a great player in Aaron Brooks. he is a great scorer and can run the floor. it would be a mistake if we let go of Brooks by trading him or whatever. i really do hope the team does the right thing and just keeps the team that we have now. what really do need is a backup center. lets see how it goes.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

But we would need to get a decent shooting PG back. Yeah Granger would be nice but Aaron would be more valuable to this team than Granger would be unless we had a sweet-shooting PG.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

sure, aaron played awesome last season without yao. but I don't think he is a good compliment to Yao. He can't even make a entry post pass. When all the problems occur with Yao next year you'd be slamming aaron brooks and asking for his A33 to be traded.

1 person likes this.
  19. xiaoqiu

xiaoqiu Member

Give me a break!!!

Why must it be the PG that makes the entry pass to Yao? If you watched a single rocket game when Yao and AB played together, AB will bring the ball up, then immediately give the ball to our PF/SG and start to run the floor. Our PF/SG will try to make the entry pass to YAO.

It has been said so many times but someone just refuses to hear: we need our PF/SG/PG to shoot a high percentage 3 to space the floor for Yao. In Adelman's system (Triangle, same as lakers), the single most important funtion of PG is to make the open shot, not make assists. That's why we don't need CP3 in this team as long as YAO is still our franchise player. And that's why AB will always starts ahead of KL7.

btw, you can check the assist number of Fisher, without whom Kobe will never be the FMVP, less 2 in a row.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If Granger is available at the right price, including Brooks, you do it in a heartbeat. I love AB, but Granger is a better all-around player and has the tools to be a great defender.

I'm assuming that if AB was eventually traded, we would have something lined up eventually to bring in another PG. Lowry is much more suited to come off the bench and be a sixth man type, running with a faster second unit.