1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official James Harden is not a legitimate #1 option thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Jan 19, 2013.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think the guy posted the thread title wrong.

Substitute 'Monta Ellis' for 'James Harden' and then we can talk.

But to compare the stats and even then suggest they are similar is completely r****ded... Harden's stats are superior in every single category - yet somehow he's = to Joe Johnson?!?!?

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Your thread = 0 star

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He wasn't even looking for his shot today.

4. nadman89

nadman89 Member

he doesnt have a pg that can pass or use his brain when shooters cant make 3s teams dbl team him no post presence makes him uselesss

5. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

People keeps talking about post presence. You think it will help Lin if there's a post presence? Having a post presence only helps if Lin has a decent jumper. Hakeem Olajuwon's posting up and kicks out to shooters? Anyone remember them? People needs to watch more NBA games seriously.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

harden is SOOOO much better than Joe Johnson it isn't even funny. Harden is already so good & he still has room to be better. However, I do think that the Rockets need a PF who is there best player seeing as how our back court has two elite PNR Guards we need a PF who is just totally dominant. You a good team if Harden is your best player but you are an even better team if he is your second best player.

7. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

And to add to my previous post, this applies to Harden much more, since he's a much better lane penetrator. Post presence is overrated.

8. Cazuquel

Cazuquel Member

Harden the best!!
    You from clutchfans are a big joke!

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Chalk up another one who can't tell the difference between a ridiculous thread title that very, very few agree with ... and the collective opinion of the entire site.

1 person likes this.
  10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

that's called inability to create your own shot

11. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

5 for 18 tonight for Mr. #1 option :(

12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Hi Clutch

I don't see why the thread title is ridiculous as most of the responses were "oh, Harden is young and improving etc"

My point is as of TODAY, Harden is not a legit #1 option which I still stand by my opinion and you look at our record now, we are getting blown out by teams like Minnesota w Harden as #1 guy and now on track for missing the playoffs AGAIN

To me, we are still REBUILDING and in search of a #1 or hope one day soon Harden can develop into that role

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Here are Harden's last 3 games and needless to say we lost all 3

Minnesota 5 for 18

Indiana 5 for 19

Dallas 5 for 23

So 15 for 60!!!!

As many posters stated, Harden doesn't need to play great defense as he is our scorer and "only guy" that can score consistantly etc. Well, Houston we have a problem is probably an understatement right now

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He's an excellent scorer.

Even if his FG % takes a hit, he still gets to the line over 8 times a game and makes his free throws at a high percentage.

I think Harden needs a pick and roll type center/pf for him to be even more better.

He would fit perfectly with a Tyson Chandler.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

then trade him to knicks.:grin:

16. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

I personally think Harden is a great offensive player, no doubt - he has shown he could score in many ways; I would add, he also has a good mid range game. He is just in a shooting slump right now, which I'm sure is temporary.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

It is easy to cherry pick stats like that. You can find a three game sample size of rough play for any great player.

18. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Harden is a legit #1.

The issue is that we don't have a legit #2 to compliment him.

19. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

I just searched Basketball Reference's Streak Finder...since 85-86, no player who's taken 18 shots or more, has made 5 or less in 3 straight games except for James Harden

20. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

The NBA has a lot of these guys that can score

If many guys had the freedom to shoot and dribble around like Harden, they can score 20+ points as well