1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE OFFICIAL: I hate Joey Crawford thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

One good game for us and you guys are his fans? Next time when he screws us, everybody hates him again. Fickle fans!

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

he has a quick whistle, which plays into Harden's style, less so other players on the Rockets.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I know we had a huge number of fouls called for us last night...but...and I realize I'm not entirely objective so I'm asking what others thought...I didn't see a bunch of phantom calls going our direction. When the whistle was blown, for the most part, you could see the foul preceding it.

Did anyone here have a different take on it? Do you think we were the beneficiary of calls that shouldn't have been called?

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm certainly not a fan of his and I still believe that he's a control freak that thinks he's the biggest star in any given game. I will be very happy when he is no longer officiating games.

That being said, Harden has big games from the FT line when a Joey-led crew is officiating. So I can live with him as long as Harden is playing.

5. newAge_Rockets

Joey, you cool.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nah. Crawford doesn't really favor sides/teams, he just likes to be the center of attention so calling the quick T, the exaggerated charging call, all that stuff is his staple.

Generally it doesn't really favor one side or another, and if it does, it's because one team settles for jumpers.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Totally agreed. I'm not a Crawford fan at all.

There's a lot of talk about the FT disparity...but I didn't see fouls being called that weren't really fouls for the most part.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

The way Matt Barnes is defending Harden, eh should have fouled out. The Clippers are over committing and should be call for fouls. Looking at the stat line without looking at the games is what all the "analysts" do and then formulate some r****ded opinion.

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So basically teams have to scout refs too in addition to opponents? So they can adapt a bit to refs' preferences. Big Baby should continue to be king of the charges, for example...

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

You'd think when Reggie and other announcers are straight talking **** about the officiating on national tv DURING the game they would tell the refs aka Joey to chill the **** out

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Joey is actually not that bad. That Ken Mauer though.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They are bad in different ways

Joey is all about himself. He calls the game fairly consistently but is way too harsh, gets into it with players, and makes a mockery of the game a lot of the time

Ken Mauer has favorites and there is a HUGE discrepancy in the way he officiates certain player, making him a GIANT obstacle to success for a good number of teams. If anyone is taking money officiating, my money is on him considering he is a convicted felon and his reffing tendencies

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

So I'm watching ted and when mark wahlberg punches that kid he says "someone had to go joe crawford on that kid"

What do y'all think he means? Someone needs to deck Joe or something?

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Scumbag pushed Scola in 09. **** him

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, except I do think he either inherently favors "stars" or perhaps his style of officiating is just more star-friendly. It's one or the other with Crawford. I couldn't stand him officiating when we played Kobe and/or had Yao (everything was a foul). With this era's team, I'm all for Crawford.

His antics are definitely a joke though. It's embarrassing the league lets him get away with it but at the same time I'm certain all refs are instructed to brand themselves (common of all leagues). The league or the officials' union probably point to Crawford as the poster child for creating an image during conferences/trainings.

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Joey is an attention w****. Refs are supposed to do their jobs quietly and stay out of the spotlight. Nobody goes to the stadium or turns on the TV to watch your old bald ass.

I can't wait until Crawford retires or is fired.

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Geez! You people are crazy! We got 64 fouls n our favor and this thread gets bumped? People will start blaming Obama for screwing us.

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

no, I still hate him. Always will. IMO he's the worst ref in the league... crazy (for me) to think complete opposite perspectives exists

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

1. Many of those were intentional fouls, so the number itself doesn't mean much.
    2. I think people bumped this just to start controversy about Joey not always screwing the Rockets.
    3. Obama is a blameless man with the internet on his side

20. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I don't really get all the hate for crawford this season (he's pissed me off plenty in the past, though). I recall that, for the most part this year, he's been relatively fair and lets the players play, although he isn't scared to call a foul when he sees it.

Now, he's far from 'pro-rockets', but he hasn't been 'anti-rockets' to the extent of Ken Mauer and Tony Brothers. I'll take attention-w**** crawford over those other two biased jerks any day of the week.