1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Hayes (and Jimmer) in Sacramento Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hayesfan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've always watched a lot of Kings ball. Cousins had games like this last year for sure; it is just a matter of mental consistency. If he can play like this every night, then maybe I'd say Chuck has made a difference.

2. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Chuck has been there for like 3 days. More likely Cousins worked on his game all summer.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree, but talent was never his problem last year. It is mental consistency. He would disappear for long stretches. That is one thing other players with hardworking attitudes and the coach can help with.

We are not sure if he has that consistency after one game. And if he does take it to the next level, I'd still give most all credit to Cousins, himself. Note that Cousins has already been quoted as saying how much he likes having Hayes around. So, we can expect quotes like that to continue.

It is not uncommon for a young kid with an attitude who overcomes that to give some credit to a mentor.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Hayes with 3 blocks ?!? Dayum, is that a new career high ? Anybody with some highlights of the hardest working huslter in the NBA ??

I'm happy for Hayes, it would've made no sense to keep him here, even though we could've used him so badly last night.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The second coming of Adelman gives some fking credit....

Chuck had 3 blocks 4 times in his career. He made Gasol his biatch down low by denying him straight up

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you believe Paul Westphal is the 2nd coming of Rick Adelman, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[​IMG]

This pic is hilarious in so many ways!!!:grin::grin:

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

forgot to :rolleyes:
    Guy seems to be like his homeless brother.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Even though the Kings are getting blown out.

Hayes has 11 rebounds in 15 mins.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sad to watch Chuck on baby-sitting duty, he belongs on a competitive team.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

and a whopping 15 assists omg this is worse than van gundy offense... seriously

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They will dump Westphal soon and let Keith Smart have a shot. He is less of a pushover than Westphal. If he can't reign him in, Reke will be traded by the deadline or next summer.

The vitriol is flowing in Sactown.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

supposedly the offense is a read and react, but he doesn't have the players for that sort of offense... you should have heard chuck's explanation of why the offense isn't clicking... it was about as politically correct as a guy can get and still say I'm playing with a bunch of knuckleheads ;)

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

15. Carl Herrera

Time to fire Westphal and name Chuck the head coach.

Man, the Cousins quote linked above has serious drama potential. Time for Morey to get on the phone with his pal Petrie.

16. ThaShark316_28

(Combining the tweets here...)

Sam Amick
    sam_amick Sam Amick
    Shocking Kings statement released regarding DeMarcus Cousins, who was sent home from the team's home game against New Orleans tonight. Kings coach Paul Westphal says Cousins demanded to be traded: "When a player continually, aggressively, lets it be known that he is unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team, it cannot be ignored indefinitely."

Um...wow.

17. Carl Herrera

Boom goes the dynamite?

18. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones
    [rquoter]Here's the locker room "incident" with Cousins (and then I'll get back to writing my game story): Cousins was getting dressed and there was a cameraman standing in front of him and Cousins asked could he not point the camera at him...while he changed. The cameraman said the camera was off, and Cousins said he still dind't want camera on him. Cameraman's reply: "whatever". Cousins basicailly said, I don't care, keep the camera off me. As cameraman leaves he makes a remark about making sure the camera was off...next time he was in there. Cousins asks "what did he say" and stands up. Isaiah Thomas grabbed Cousins by his sweatshirt to say calm down. At no point did Cousins try to go after the cameraman. Cousins then gathered his belongings and left the locker room. Then said cameraman came to media room to talk about Crazy DMC, not mentioning that he did egg on DMC some with last comment.But no, DMC DID NOT go after him, chase him, etc. Looks/sounds much worse than it was. Used some bad language, which he can't do. In that situation w/ cameras around and such, but trust me, I was there. It's much ado about nothing. If Cousins ignores 2nd comment there is nothing to talk about. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. I was in the locker room, I saw the whole thing. Could DMC have ignore him? Yes. But he's still sick, agitated over the loss and the cameraman wasn't exactly trying to calm things down. BTW I've seen MUCH worse with reporters/cameramen/athletes in NFL locker rooms. Never gets reported. DMC's rep hurts him in these situations[/rquoter]