1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Don't Trade Anyone Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, May 17, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly - If Wafer walks I won't shed a tear
    his antics with the game with the Coach was bothersome
    and
    he let Sasha get into his head.

CORE: Yao, Scola, Artest, Battier, Brooks, Lowry, Chuck Hayes, Landry
    these are the ones I think should definately be back next year

Maybes: TMAC, Wafer
    Tmac - I need to see how he is POST SURGERY
    If he can come back be a 10 - 6 -6 guy . . I am good
    IF we
    1. DEFERS TO THE *TEAM* - while he may get hot from time to time
    The days of 15+ shots a night should be over
    2. He hustles on Defense. Since he does not seem to like to run the break . . .well . . not when the ball is not in his hands. . . I want more defensive rebounds

Wafer: His act with Adelman really irratated me. . . during a game that is hard to swallow
    that being said. . . if his mind is right . . .bring him back
    Improvement on D and more shot discipline would be nice

LongShots: Dorsey and White
    They are in the PLAY YOUR WAY onto the team mode

BYE BYE: Brent and Cook
    they don't contribute enough

Rocket River

2. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

I see your point...to a degree. The team is at a bit of a crossroads this summer. The decisions taken now are going to determine the Rockets' future two to three years down the road. Morey hasn't been a stay pat GM, but he isn't going to engage in an all or nothing, Shaq-to-Phoenix style trade. From what we've seen over the past couple of years, the Rockets have gotten younger, faster and more athletic. I don't see that trend changing.

Now do the Rockets need more size, particularly at the 5? Sure. Do the Rockets need to completely retool the roster? Not in my opinion. Figuring out what to do with McGrady and Artest are going to be the keys to this offseason, along with finding a backup center. Steady improvement has been the pattern I've observed from the Rockets, and I hope that continues to stay that way.

3. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

We don't need to do much IMO.

1) Re-sign Ron Artest.

2) Do whatever you can to get a DECENT backup C. Marcus Camby anyone?

3) Re-sign Von Wafer (if he's reasonable with his demands).

At the deadline we'll have McGrady & Cook's expiring contracts to work with to get whatever we need for next year's title run.

That's all folks.

4. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Wow I'm suprised Rocket River.. from the comments I've read, you usually defy Tmac. I agree with you 100% about Wafer. I do believe he will go sign somewhere else because of his ego. My friend's brother works of the Rockets. He says Wafer is always crying and complaining about minutes like a little baby. As for Brent, I believe he should stay. He sucks, but he wants to end his career in Houston. The Rocket's biggest offseason move would be to find a CONTRIBUTING BACKUP CENTER.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No tall,athletic C/PF is likely to be available unfortunately.

#45 saleem, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How do you propose getting Camby may I ask? I'm not trying to be sarcastic by any means.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Listen to me and you'll seem smarter,faster, and more athletic :p . On a serious note, i wouldnt be like phoenix even though i really didnt see anything wrong with trying to win the title when you're best players only have a couple of years. I do think they need more than what people think. the images are blurred because of a hard fought series against La. I can say they play hard and to their talents, but I, just me , think they need flexibility in their lineups both bench and starters. I have some ideas, but we will have to see if they want to win a title or just pretend like they want to win a title.

8. dexkk

dexkk Member

How are we going to afford Camby? Won't he make around 7-8 million? We won't be able to keep Artest and sign Camby.

9. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Maybe trade the Clippers McGrady's contract? Not like they are going anywhere anyway.

10. dexkk

dexkk Member

Camby already comes off the books, why would they want Mcgrady's 20 million dollar for 1 more year? The only way they take Mcgrady's contract is if they can get us to take Baron's or Randolph's contract. This would be horrible imo; I'd rather let Mcgrady walk in 2010 and save 20million than take on those bad contracts.

11. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

LOL, that's why Morey is paid to do what he does..... :D

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We really don't need Wafer and if Tmac has a good comeback that means Artest or Battier will be a 6man and taking some of his minutes.

Remember Wafer mins shot up because of Tmacs injury.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

Terrible idea.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Gortat, BirdMan, Pachulia or Camby are all good additions IMO.

Gortat - Orlando has 2 max contracts and Hedo has a $7.5m POpt. The Magic are a good bit above the LTax. Should Hedo opt out, the Magic might not get into a bidding war for Gortat.

BirdMan - loves DEN and DEN loves him. However, DEN has 4 players making over $10m and a JR Smith is also a FA on a team with a $63m 2009-10 payroll. I'd throw some mid-size $ at JR Smith and if the Nuggets match turn to Andersen. If they match that, I'd target Dahntay Jones.

Pachulia - The Hawks have $26m of their $40m 2009-10 payroll tied up in Joe Johnson and Josh Smith with Bibby as a FA. The Hawks like Zaza, but who knows what they are thinking after 2 1st Rd exits.

Camby - Probably a long shot. But, how much do the notoriously cheap Clipps want to keep Baron Davis?

15. returningfan

returningfan Member

Dumb questions because I really don't know about trading/contracts.
    Are some of the Rockets not going to be traded due to contracts?
    Better asked: can any one of them be traded?
    Or: who can be and cannot be traded?

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Short version - If the 2009-10 contracts match within 75%, any Rocket can be traded.

Mid-version - The Rockets have Artest's Bird Right's and can SnT him for whatever incoming salaries they will accept.

Long version - If the first two puzzle you, you need to seriously google NBA salaries and Larry Coon's CBA FAQ's

17. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I dunno.. I mean as great as the season was.. as great as the chemistry was.. they didn't win a championship. So something has to change IMO.

18. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Trade T-Mac, Rocket will pass Round 1.
    Trade Yao, Rocket will pass Round 2.
    Trade Adelman, Rocket will be the champion of West Conference.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Our trade material Tmac, Cook, and Barry. The contributed absolutely zero this year. We can also add Deke's salary to alleviate some room. I'll be right back, I'm going to real GM to see what's up with the Clipper's and other bottom rung teams.

20. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I agree with this thread. If Yao can't be healthy next season and McGrady can't make a decent comeback, let 'em both walk next summer and rebuild. I'm for giving it one more shot.