1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Don't Trade Anyone Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, May 17, 2009.

1. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

YES, TOTALY AGREE

2. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

For those blaming Artest shoots too many last few games, need to realize that both Yao and Tmac are injured. Artest and Scola really are the best options for Rockets at the moment, and they're been guarded pretty well by the Lakers. I can live with Artest's poor shooting as long as he doesn't jack up too many after Yao's back, for blaming him for the loss is just not right, you do realize that coach prab. asked him to do that right?

3. FireBlizzard90

i approve of this thread too, but what makes all of these thread official? should clutch or any other mods be the ones who can claim a thread to be official?

i too like the sean williams idea

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well IDK how many people saw the post game interview with Rick Adelman but a reporter asked him if he thinks tracy mcgrady will be on this team next year and coach said he has to get healthy first. Maybe im looking at it to much but his face expression said it all. I think he is tired of all the mcgrady questions.

5. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

don't worry morey will do the best for the team. If he thinks that tmac is not worth the 23mill then he will do something about it. We as fans should just sit back and let our MIT GM do the work

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Taking shots is one thing. Taking horrible shots is another. Ron had some of the worst shot selection I have seen in a while.

7. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

nash can't play with shaq, what make you think he can play with yao?

Brook could be future AI, nash is getting old, plus how much we need to pay nash?

8. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

need a good ball controlling pg that prevents artest from dribbling dribbling fumble and launch a shot...

9. WillG

WillG Member

nah hes way too old.

10. WillG

WillG Member

He was doing that even when Tmac and Yao were playing.

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Every season finale, someone starts a "keep them together" thread. And every seasons' end, that's the overwhelmingly echoed CFans opinion.

And every summer, needed improvements are made and the team inches toward the WC Elites. They still need to get taller, quicker and more athletic. This isn't the Ruth-Gehrig Yankees...they need improvements.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

That's probably the most positive post I've seen from you since "The Trade". It's good to see you back around the GARM again.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This team was plenty Tall before Yao and Deke went out.

Team is pretty athletic and quick with Landry, Brooks, Wafer, and Lowry.

Back then it was true, this season it isn't. Back then we wouldnt make it to the 2nd round and push the #1 seed to 7 games.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In my heart I would like to see this team kept together but with Deke not coming back we need to get a legitimate back up Center. As much as I love this current team and what they have done roster changes, possibly big ones, are inevitable.

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

"Back then" they won 22 games in a row. Partly with an injured Yao. And with Brooks backing up BOTH Alston and BJax. And they took Utah to 7 games. And the prevailing thought was they didn't need to improve. Keep this team together.

Fortunately, someone saw the need to add talent and perimeter scoring.

Mutombo is through, Yao is perpetually injured and Grady is a huge question mark. How anyone can focus on "heart" and ignore the dismantling of this team by the "we'll turn it on when we need to" Laker$ is personally mind-boggling to me. They're still too short, too slow and too unathletic.

The NBA is a game of matchups. We create nearly none.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

My thought exactly. Some people are happy with the 2nd rd effort of this team. To me, its not about the 2nd rd, its about titles. Styles make fights and if you can adjust to every style, you lose. The rockets seem to act as though this is a young portland team where the best players are under 25 and healthy, but its not. This team has 2 older,high milage guys like tracy and yao who can stay healthy. The window closes really,really quick. # yrs ago Dallas was in the finals, now they're nowhere close to being a contender. Thats the reality of the game is that adelman knows as well as anyone that if you're not getting better, you're getting worse. He can look at the large/small window he had in Sacramento. Right now, the rox,spurs,mavs,and i can put hornets there also that those teams are closer to the lotto than the title. Portland,Utah, and denver have youth on their side as well as upside.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

When this series started I really thought we needed to consider Nash even if Brooks was the trading chip but after seeing how he can change games with his speed we really need to keep him and just let him improve. I do think some moves are needed because there are too many questions with our stars. T-Mac needs to atleast be an option but only if we can atleast get a player in return not just salary relief because he and his contract will become huge at the trading deadline. Question is if you want a star player then I think you probably need to give up Scola and/or Brooks up. I say you go after Camby to backup Yao and bring in one more wing player I would target Rip Hamilton or Richard Jefferson, resign Ron and this team will be right there with the Lakers, Nuggets and Blazers.

18. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Gotta agree with GATER and lee. i think people interpret it as a slight toward's this current teams efforts if the suggestion for change/improvement is made. i'm not really sure how close this team is, and yao ming's latest injury further clouds that assessment.

19. kejohn

kejohn Member

Unfortunately you are correct. It was a major accomplishment for this team to beat the Lakers two times without Yao and I am not minimizing that feat, but some of that was because Gasol and Bynum played terrible in those two games. You simply can not win in this league when starting two guys who do not provide any kind of offensive threat (Hayes and Battier).

The team should try to get taller and more athletic at the C and PF position. Perhaps a tall PF that can also play C, dn't know who will be available though. Battier is getting up in years and may be valuable trade bait.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No chance of Deke coming.Brent is going to be here,but his only worth is the locker room experience that he provides. We need younger players who can keep on improving.