1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Daryl Morey 59.5 Hour Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jul 11, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Y'all be careful. Y'all praising the man before one move has been made. If all this falls apart, this could be one of the worst offseasons in Rockets history

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see while he is making moves to clear cap space, if he gets some pieces we never even thought of to fill out the roster... Maybe he has to ask Bosh to take a slight pay cut to do some of that. Bosh should be very familiar with not having enough help off the bench...

3. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

Morey knows what hes doing.

4. vernonmaxwell11

what?! f0ck you spoiler alert!!

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Forgive me :(

6. vernonmaxwell11

hahahaha! love the hate for parsons.

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I expect this type of negativity from a Lakers fan. Let us Rockets fan be optimistic.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Send him bags of coffee, he is going to need it.

DD

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Since Miami has to rebuild, guys like Asik, Lin, Jones, and Motiejunas would be worth acquiring in an S&T. There's got to be a deal to be done there.

10. verysimplejason

Let the balls go rollin...

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

As long as we get Bosh, I do not really care about Parsons if that means giving up on getting some decent talent to fill out our bench.

12. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Agreed.

Morey needs to go all King Joffrey on that traitor... for the good of the realm of course!

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Do you guys think we still end up with the NO pick?

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Things I am most interested to see --

1. How much do we have to give up to move Lin[/B] - This is the biggest mystery. Do we have to give up a future 1st, international picks, The Swiss dude we just drafted, Jones, DMo, (pulls on colar) the the the Pelicans Pick....

2. How much can we get for DMo and Jones[/B] -- assuming they are not included in Lin deal - These guys both have a lot of potential. Jones looks like he can be anywhere from a solid bench player to a border line all star like Parsons. Motie can play center and PF, and is a very skilled big man who puts in the work to get better. I certainly hope we don't have to simply salary dump these guys. I would think a lot of teams would be interested in them as inexpensive asset with high upside and that we could create a bit of a bidding war for them.

3. Do we get to hold on to T. Daniels[/B] - I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I think this kid could be important. What a shooter! He could become an IDEAL 3 and D sort of player in the NBA. It would be a shame to lose him not for a trade of something better, but rather as a numbers crunch.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Negativity & reasonable skepticism are 2 different things

16. torocan

torocan Member

Are you really going to question Morey's ability to move role players? Really?

Of all the questions about Morey asked by Rockets fans, the ability to move role players was never one of them...

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

why did bun b tweet this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>****. No Parsons.</p>&mdash; Bun B (@BunBTrillOG) <a href="https://twitter.com/BunBTrillOG/statuses/487653011573850112">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

He's misinformed. Many people outside of Clutchfans are under the false impression that we can't have both.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not even. I'm pro-Chandler in general and glad he's getting his, but I'm extra-glad that it's the *Mavs* that will overpay his 2nd-tier self and not us.

Bobby Jones and Rodney McCray were excellent swiss-army-knife players. Jones was one of the best defenders in the league even. None of them ever sniffed a max-type of contract, and with very good reason.

Maury SHALL NOT MATCH!

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If we can't S&T Bosh, and don't match Parsons, how much room do we have to build a bench?