1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official BoB coaching thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Buck Turgidson

Other than Fitz, who? I'm serious. Who else this offseason would have been a a better bet?

We coulda signed Orton I guess. Or McCoy. Or Keenum. Or Weeden. These are the kinds of moves that motivate a fanbase.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Should have drafted Teddy Bridgewater.

It's as simple as that.

Not drafting Teddy will set this franchise back years.

3. Buck Turgidson

I was talking about a starting qb this year, you and I both know they were never going to start any of the rookie qbs so why even bring that up other than to keep on antagonizing people.

You should check out the thread in the Feedback Forum. Enlightening info.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Rookies in draft (Bridgewater, Garoppolo, Carr, etc) all have more ability than Fitz and the offense wouldn't be so limited. Fitz looks like he can't pass beyond 20 yards. Hell, Sanchez who beat the Texans today would have been a better stop gap. There were better options out there so I'm tired of hearing "Who else could they have gotten" Getting Fitz showed they couldn't have been serious about this season. Oh well.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Take away all the things the team is doing well and you're left with what the team is doing poorly. But that's not how things work. You have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good. You can't just pretend the good things don't exist and that everything is crap.

"This team would be crap without Watt and Foster." Yeah? Well the Packers would suck without Aaron Rodgers. What's your point? Those players do play for those teams. You can't just eliminate them from the equation. If you take the best players off of any team, it's probably not going to be as good.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Who says Bridgewater would not be starting right now?

Only you....

7. Buck Turgidson

YES. Sanchez was a legit option, just like Orton, Weeden et al. How excited would you have been if they signed one of them? I am not defending Fitz at all, he pisses me off to no end. I just don't have a time machine to go back and roll the dice on signing a different crappy middle-of-the-road veteran qb. Outside of 3 or 4 ****ups by the whole team every game, this team with Fitz at qb is solidly in the playoff hunt, and I'd wild-ass-guess that it'd be the same with any of the others.

There was no way they were starting any of the rookie qb's this year, even if they had drafted one, so realistically what are you b****ing about? For better or worse, that was obvious from listening to them before and after they hired coach b.o.b.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

run, run, backshoulder throw, punt.

9. YaosDirtyStache

you forgot the part where he holds on to the ball and decides to run and dive head first.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who has seen him play. You may be hyping up all of his games that aren't completely terrible, but the kid isn't any good. Can we get a moratorium on Bridgewater comments until Captain Checkdown has a TD/INT ratio of at least 1:1?

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

You have been MIA until Bridgewater was brought up... Did your ears burn?

I'm curious what your take is on Clowney instagramming during games?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've been busy.

As to Clowney on instagram during the game....so what? He wasn't in the game, he wasn't on the sidelines. What difference does it make? It's just more of people trying to invent controversy where there isn't any.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Well, you can take mental reps while not playing. In fact, you can learn a lot by watching a game. Clearly he was busy on instagram, so no time for that!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is a thread's about BOB's short-comings, not Fitz's. BOB doesn't call run plays for Fitz. Fitz holds the ball, runs, then dives head first because the backshoulder throw BOB called up was unavailable.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's certainly one theory. Anyway, like I said, it sounds a whole lot like invented controversy where no actual controversy exists.

So, are you down for the moratorium on Captain Checkdown comments till his TD:INT ratio improves to 1:1?

16. Buck Turgidson

He has an amazing ability to move in the pocket, make the initial rush miss, then hold the ball for 2 extra seconds and not know when to throw it away.

And has he slid instead of diving head-first yet this year? That may be the only way Mallet sees the field, is if he keeps that up.

17. Buck Turgidson

Way before the draft, they were clear that they wanted a vet qb to play this year.

Why are you intent on arguing things that cannot happen sans wormholes and/or time machines?

Move on and live in the now.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

hah, not a chance.

i'm not calling clowney's situation a controversy... Just an example of extreme unprofessionalism.

tbh, after thinking about it for a while... i can hardly blame him for not playing.

i mean, the field is such a joke.. and he's sick with a knee not at 100%... it was probably a wise business decision.

the question is... would he have played if the game was on the road. something tells me yes.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you're right.. before the draft they signed Fitzpatrick to be the starter.

my point is... 9 games in to the season... IMO Teddy would be our starting QB.

granted Teddy will struggle because he's 21 and developing.. boy it would be so much fun watching him make plays in Houston. But I digress... This makes me very sad.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I didn't think so, you'd probably never get to talk about him again if we agreed to that.

As to the Clowney situation, the guy is legit sick, he wouldn't have been playing anywhere. As to it being "unprofessional", again, he wasn't playing, wasn't on the sidelines.....he was in the back with the rest of the non-Cushing guys who were inactive. How is it unprofessional? I could see saying that about someone who was doing that on the sidelines or was active in the game, but since that wasn't the case it seems a bit ridiculous to even talk about.