1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's obvious Belichick has them perform one specific role and doesn't give them his secret sauce.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Replace WATT with AJ and this is like three seasons ago

They not cheating like Beli . . . .

Rocket River

3. Nero

Nero Member

That's exactly my point. AJ wasted his career here trying to lift up a franchise that was its own worst enemy. I would hate to see JJ end up doing the same. I would LOVE to see the Texans become a serious winner, I just don't think it will ever happen as long as Smith is in this organization.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I don't think Bob is in the hot seat currently considering what kind of owner we have now,

but its a fact that he is doing a pathetic job so far this season.

5. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Look at our draft choices rounds 3-5 last 4 years. Explains our lack of talent

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lack of talents is a fact,

but its not an excuse.

Aside from the pathetic play calling and the pathetic play of special team (hey he is the head coach), the way this team handling Mallett and Hoyer itself is a joke.

When you pull your starter 3 Q after the first game, you better prepare to take all the craps when he will suck for a while.

And that's exactly what is happening.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

secret sauce = cheating methods

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stop feeling sorry for these cats. They sign these [long-term] deals.

Andre doesn't get "stuck" here for 12 years by accident. He signs a deal to stay here.

Really want out? *Put your money where your mouth is. Play it out.* Sure, teams have the franchise tag but 1. You can only be tagged consecutively twice 2. It becomes costly.

*But they're not. They're taking the security of a long-term deal, ****ty franchise or not.

#88 J.R., Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

It's sad that the only thing we have looked to forward to with this team is the hope that a new coach may bring. Second year in and O'B toast!

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wish we could just dump all this Texans crap in the trash and buy back the Oilers name and roll with the classic jerseys.

11. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Bring in Kyle Shanahan

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol its mr mcnair that makes the calls, he doesnt want a black qb, and it cost us teddy bridgewater

he wanted johnny football

no way we get jared goff

we can get hackenburg in the 3rd round and trot out another bum qb...

13. conquistador#11

might be off topic, but why does every understudy from new england think he is the hoody? it's weird to me. like kobe, imitating jordan to the T. Weis, Romeo, josh mcdaniels. they've all tried that hoody act.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

He's gotta coach better.

15. Mr. Clutch

Cut him and bring in some coaches for tryouts

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I feel like B'OB doesn't have much to work with...
    But he's also clearly doing a bad bad job.

If the Texans get a franchise QB out of it, I'll dance with joy, though.

That aside, the thing to me is that there is no negative with replacing B'OB after this season, assuming the team doesn't clearly seem to be coached better as the season goes on.

There is no "year 3, keeping the same system in place, it will get better"...

They'd be starting from a horrible place, and over and over again we see that consistency only helps when you are building consistency on something good. There are very few same coach, multiple years, slowly get better type coaching stories in the NFL anymore.

Fire him, don't fire him, whatever.

If left to me, if they finish the season in the same dumpster fire manner they started (even if they get a "little" better and finish with 6-7 wins instead of the 4 they are mathematically on track for), I would change coaching and of course get a new GM.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There is no excuses this week, BOB has to have the team prepared to play. If they lose to the Colts, it'll mark the official end of any postseason chances and they might as well tank the rest of the year.

As it stands their hopes are slim, but the super weak division gives them a bit of hope if they can beat the Colts on Thursday.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think the days of giving coaches 3 or 4 years are over in today's NFL. There are too many examples of teams turning it around in just a year or 2. Just look at the team that beat us yesterday with their 1st year HC and their 6-10 record last year.

I thought BOB was supposed to bring some creative play-calling with him from NE. This offense looks as vanilla as the Dom Capers days.

Easy to blame that on the QB until you turn on the TV and see Brandon freakin' Weeden throwing the ball downfield and guiding his team on (what should have been) a game-winning TD drive. Meanwhile, both of our QBs are throwing passes at WRs feet and checking down to the RB on every other play.

I really hope this was just a giant EGG being laid and not an indicator of how the rest of the season is going to go....

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Its the defense that worries me. The Texans D does not appear to be able to stop anybody. Romeo Crennel is a great D coach but he is not getting the results the team needs.

A secondary concern is the special teams, especially the return teams. OBie says that he emphasizes ST but again the results are not there.

20. Mr. Clutch

The talent acquisition has been the worst I've ever seen.

This team has zero depth.