1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Adrian Peterson Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by lexled, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Summer Song Giver

Yeah, i'll pretty much turn in my fan card. AP is an NFL back not unlike Tomlinson where you can literally build your entire team around him.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Trade our 1st round pick for 2 lower 1st round picks. Do the same with our 2nd round pick. And our 3rd round pick. Everyone besides D. Robinson, D. Ryans, and A. Johnson is expendable and should be traded if someone is stupid enough....er, uh...if someone offers us a draft pick or 2 for them.

We need as many draft picks as we can get. One pick in each round ain't gonna get it done, no matter how high the pick is.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

They're sold out because it's the first game and season in the city of New Orleans since possibly the greatest natural disaster in the history of this country. They're 2-0 because they played two of the worst teams in the league the first two weeks.

Next.

4. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

LOL!!! ok.. this doesn't make sense..

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

How did Cinn turn into one of the powerhouses in football? It wasn't a running back that's for sure. Obviously Palmer is the main reason for their success, he is the type of leader and player that we are missing at QB. Also, Marvin Lewis has done about as good as a job than anyone in the NFL.

The Texans sold out their 1st five seasons, it doesn't say a whole lot. As The Cat posted, playing Cleveland and Green Bay isn't exactly tough.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you would have paid attention in English class, it would.

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I was saying Cinn knew how to build a TEAM alot better than WE DID ..... and I beat Cleveland and Green Bay can whooooooop OUR ASS right now!

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

palmer actually fell into the perfect storm of good fortune; the bengals had their LT, RT, RB and both starting WRs before drafting palmer.

manning also came into a favorable situation with a glenn, harrison and faulk already in place. within three years, he'd have james, wayne and diem. within five years, dallas clark. glenn, james, wayne and clark were all 1st round picks (as was faulk).

they've both also had only 1 OL coach and 1 OC for their entire pro careers.

in five years, the texans have given carr 1 offensive 1st round pick.

9. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

If we can't land Peterson maybe we can get a pass rushing DE. We could use one of those

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I guess you don't remember that the Bengals were consistently one of the worst teams in the league for a very long time right. Since 1992...they had 3 #1 Overall picks, a #3 overall pick, a #4 overall pick, a #5 overall pick, and a #6 overall pick.

I would hope they could build a pretty good team with that. Like I said, Marvin Lewis has done an unbelivevable job in turning that franchise around, hopefully Kubiak can do the same with this team. If the formula works...the next thing we need to do is replace Carr. :p

11. buffalospeedway

Ugghh. Why do we have to start talking about this already?

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Would the Texans be able to financially afford to take on the contract of another number 1 pick? Aside from that, considering the holes we have everywhere, would it even be the best decision to draft another number 1 pick (should we get it again). My thinking is if this team seriously lands the number one pick again, then they need to stockpile as many draft picks as possible and use those picks to help get rid of dead weight. One guy, as Mario Williams (even should he turn into a pro bowler) is proving, does not improve a team alone.

13. SLIMANDTRIM

SLIMANDTRIM Contributing Member

Ask Arizona and Detroit how good they are with loads of talent at the RB and WR position and where that has gotten them.

14. today

today Contributing Member

If we choose Peterson with our first rounder, then he'd better be the ONLY offensive player in our draft.

Our offense is average right now, but our defense is one of the 3 worst in the league, if not the worst overall.

People at HPF.com are talking about taking a safety with that first rounder... I'd be happy with a safety or a corner, as well as a monster defensive FA signing.

15. twoface723

twoface723 Member

It irks me that we could of drafted Bush and not even be in this situation counting down for Adrian Peterson who we might not even get.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, Kubiak would've turned Bush into an all-pro DB?

We'd be 0-3 with or without Bush. Jesus, people.

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yea but it would be an exciting 0-3 :D

18. Loop

Loop Member

Well N.O. is now 3-0 and just beat a superbowl caliber team. So that excuse no longer applies.

The thing is N.O. took the best player available and now look like a team that is actually going somewhere. houston, on the other hand, took the best "fit" and appear to be actually regressing. The texans in the 2007 draft should not make the same mistake they did in the last draft -- picking the best "fit" instead of the best player.

19. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

The honest truth is that no one player would make the difference here. It's because of our pathetic front office that we hav this problem. That being said we continued down the same path with a terrible pick at number 1. We need major help in the secondary, a good pass rush and maybe a rb and Qb( I certainly wouldn't b**** if we picked up Peterson and Troy Smith with picks 1 and 2)

20. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Troy Smith? anyone remember Akili Smith?