1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 4, 2010.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

When he asked if they could change "small penis" to a job requirement I thought that alone earned him the promotion.

2. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

How long before Andy/Ed Helms pulls a Carell and sticks to making movies?

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is he as big as Carell though? Besides the Hangover what other big movie has he been a part of or actually carried at that?

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If Andy becomes manager, the whole Erin thing now becomes really awkward. Or are they just not going to pursue that romantic relationship.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They could have her replace Gabe, but I didn't sense that she could be a center of gravity; although I guess the manager might not take that role anymore. The stuff she did was funny, but I thought it was somewhat improvised, not as much of a mesh with the cast as you'd want. This sounds idiotic, but I don't know if a Brit, even Jervais himself, could work in the manager role (I don't think the audience would accept him in the Scranton setting).

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think that it's almost necessary that the office has to revolve around the manager. Episode before the finale worked well because Dwight in the manager role was able to handle the spotlight. I think because what happens to the manager affects the rest of the office even if it's personal life stuff. Michael had relationships and interactions with everyone in the office; it was his personality and his job.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Helms will stay on this show and field as many pilot offers and decent-paying special guest star spots on other high rated shows as he can.

The real rude awakening will come for Kraczynski, who will probably just play baxter type characters in romantic comedies or just supporting roles in big budget films. He probably get more series offers than Helms, but the higher scrutiny/expectations might make them even more vulnerable to cancellation.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Over half of his movies make about $100 or more. Even his risky projects like sunshine, number 23, and man on the moon makes 30-ish million. He's a pretty bankable star, though he hasn't done anything in two years.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That storyline sounds like the stupid ass **** they pulled with Warburton on News Radio. But I guess if they really liked Spader but realized he wouldn't work permanently, this was the best they could do. I really hope they just went ahead and market-tested that finale, I'm just really pessimistic about Tate for some reason.

I still honestly don't see how Ferrell couldn't have worked, unless they just couldn't come to terms or he's making too much cash producing and occasionally starring in stuff.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Johnny was a recurring character in Newsradio but he didn't make weekly appearances after that DB Cooper storyline I think. I really don't like the Dr. Who chick as a replacement after Spader though.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I believe Johnny Johnson was only in the 3 episode DB Cooper arc and the episode where he returns to marry Lisa, so 4 total, 5 if I am forgetting one

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think the lady was good in her cameo but as a full time replacement...I'm going to have to pass.

Spader was awesome but probably wouldn't work as the boss either. I do like the idea of him in the role they're discussing.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That is awesome. Curious how this will play out for a full season, but the show now has a new viewer.

16. fzr11017

fzr11017 Member

The article says that Spader will be stepping in as CEO of Sabre. I wonder if this still leaves "branch manager" unfilled yet.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Hope it's not the British blonde chick. I'd rather have Ray "same character as his other sitcom" Romano.

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I heard they're bringing back Michael Scott from seasons 1-3