1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 4, 2010.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Wow, we are on completely different boats here.

Unless something change in season 6 (I haven't seen it yet) Packer just seems annoying to me. His best scene is one he's not even visible in. He calls and tells Michael he's a gay nerd and Michael got so serious that's what was funny lol.

But, I'd like if they kept Jim. He seems like the guy in the office who is still a part of the antics, yet he's composed.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think most people absolutely hate Jim. He has become and annoying douchebag who has not had a funny scene in about 3 seasons.

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

What exactly makes him a douchebag??

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The fact that he is pretty much a douche to everyone in the office. He is always an ******* to guys like Andy or Michael who generally don't do anything to him. He think he is better than Dwight when Dwight is by far the superior salesman. He has a sense of entitlement that he should be promoted or whatever when he does nothing in the office that warrants it. The thing with him and Pam has been old for years now. Pam still has a little left, but I honestly would not be upset if she left either. I can't stand either of them for the most part. The lazy, prankster, "I don't give a ****" Jim from the first 3 seasons was a lot better than what he is now.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Wow, I honestly can not see that at all. Lol it's actually quite ironic. "He is always an ******* to guys like Andy or Michael." And then your next sentence...Andy always mentions he went to Cornell! He seems to be the most annoying to me. All his singing, then proposing to Angela so soon (also stealing Jim's moment). I just can't stand the guy.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That's funny. I think Andy is generally one of the most loved characters on the show and Jim is among the least liked.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Well, I've always been one not to go with the crowd, so I don't doubt it.

I just can't understand why Andy would be one of the most loved. From his first appearance, I didn't like him.

Jim puts calculator (or something) in Jello, Andy gets angry, can't take a simple joke, kicks trash can, yells at everyone in office.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Season 3 andy was a complete 180 from where he is after he came back from anger management. The stupid outfits, quasi-homosexual shtick (questioning whether he was gay or not was hilarious), and development past his "business-ladder" character has made him one of the stronger characters on the show I think.

I don't think you can ignore that Jim's changed also. Beginning probably in season 5 where he didn't want to discuss Swank being hot or not and saying that everybody should get back to work. But then he climbs up a telephone pole to thread a random wire from Dwight's desk. Season 6 was a definite low point in jokes coming from Jim, and they even split up Jim and Pam (less couple jokes at least ) by making him corporate and having separate plots.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Well, thanks for telling us 19 episodes in.

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

You're right about Jim. I didnt know what it was about him, but I have grown to really not like him. He has become an annoying little douchebag.

11. University Blue

What?! The Kathy / Michael exchanges were the funniest of last season. They should make Kathy's side-kick, the tall, skinny guy the new manager. Maybe they are testing to see if old girlfriend or Kathy's son can replace Steve Carrell.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1 person likes this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

14. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Is it me or the office reruns on Fox and My 20 have some parts of the show cut from the original?

For example, they were showing the episode Woman's appreciation and they totally cut out the scene where the car breaks down.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is like a soap opera for you guys.

I can't believe you take this show so seriously.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Surely, we can. Stop calling me Shirley. [looks at camera] Airplane.
    [​IMG]

17. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

There something wrong with that?

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, I just can't believe it. Very UnConnery... :)

19. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

I finally get it. Finally. You can't truly appreciate this show or catch all the humor the first time around. I just got Season 6 yesterday and watched it twice straight through, and with the exception of the lame last episode, it was just as funny as season 2. Too many funny moments- the wedding, the delivery, the sales leads, the gossip, the secret santa ("Guess who I am?...I have the power of flight and I heal leopards.") - I laughed as hard as I did with seasons 2 and 3. It's like when you first watched season 2 and didn't get some of the humor...remember? remember? Can't wait for S7.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I rewatched some of the season 6 episodes on hulu this past and they were a lot better than I remember.