1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Aug 25, 2009.

1. mazyar

mazyar Member

Andy is by far my favorite character on the Office now. He is gold, like someone else said.

"Michael, am I gay or not?"

:D

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

My goodness Pam has become unbearable since her upgrade from office secretary to "sales agent". Not to mention her face and body have deteriorated into something that wouldn't even be note worthy in a town like Scranton. Her new found masculinity overpowers Jim and whoever else she comes into contact with. It's time for their roles to be significantly reduced, they constantly put a halt to the comedy and delusional thinking that made The Office a hit in the first place. The show needs to fall back to what made it big in the first place and stop worrying about identifying with their plain Jane demographic.

Was surprised the interns were written off in the first show, the possibilities with them having to blindly obey Michael and Dwight were endless. Andy, Dwight, Kelly and Creed need more airtime at the expense of Jim and Pam... and Michael needs to be in more out of the office situations.

It's disappointing to see the show take the direction it's been taking... time to bring back the Benihana type episodes.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I prefer the characters follow natural arcs. If the show gets to a place where it just isn't funny any more, its time to call it quits.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Michael- Okay I made it all up.
    Andy- Even the fact that I'm gay?

Its the little writing gems like that where you catch it and laugh at the extra twist of irony or humor or whatever it is.

He was made #2 in season 3 as you probably know and the pranks did not stop then. Season 3 saw a butt load of pranks actually. I was also thinking it was a progression of the character turning into an upper management prick, but its like he turned into a hypocrite. The hot or not debate about Swank he'll want everyone to get back to work, but when its just him alone he'll still wrap Dwights desk in wrapping paper or spend who knows how many hours leading a wire around the vicinity.
    http://theoffice.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Jim's_Pranks

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just rewatched the episode

after kevin tells andy he is gay....
    Andy: "Who told you that? Was it Broccoli Rob?"

6. sew

sew Member

Yeah that line had me dying.

Also, when Dwight was talking to the 3 interns and said something like:

Dwight: One of you has a lot of potential and will become a very successful businessman. One of you will make a living and nothing more, and one of you will become a mother.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More like ":D ;)" , am I right?

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

I laughed really hard after the receptionist said that Kelly always ate her lunch, so Michael said she was anorexic. Im pretty sure like about 3 people found the extra bit of humor in that statement.

9. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

That's what she said. ;)

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

so he got promoted to 2nd in command @ stamford, and he still played pranks on dwight, gaydar + future dwight faxing present dwight, and when he was transfered back to scranton he played pranks on dwight, such as the FBI helocoptor on the roof, wedding crashers during phyllis's wedding, and of course dressing up and acting as dwight in product recall

your argument is flawed, FAIL

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pam sucks. Bring back the hot one...

12. jcee15

But, recently the pranks are non-existent. No matter what we have 3-4 seasons of absolute gold.

13. jcee15

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I know, really. I am almost hoping that once she has the baby, here role will be reduced and she won't be in the office anymore. That way her a Jim's crappy dialogue won't appear again.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Just watched the entire Season 5. IMHO, it was better than Season 3. Writing was better, at least. Nothing tops Season 2, I agree with that. And Season 4 was a bit of a drop off, although some of the episodes were the best (the dinner one, in particular).

Season Rankings:

1 (too short)
    4 (too short, some so-so episodes)

So far, so good. Good start to S6.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've been wondering...

How do others here feel about the British version of The Office? I tried to watch a few episodes *after* starting the American version and it really didn't seem very good to me. On a character to character basis, I think pretty much every American character is better. In particular, Gareth is terrible compared to Dwight...half the time I can't even understand him.

Anyway, having caught up with the American version entirely, I went back a few days ago and was curious to try the British version again. I did, and it still didn't work for me, but I sat through it anyway. In the end, it doesn't even feel like the same show to me.

So how about you guys?

17. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

It would have probably been better if you watched the original Office before the American one. I agree that you can barely understand Garet.

Honestly I can barely understand any of them. It is weird how the guy that plays Jim's part actually looks like Jim.

18. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Yeah I think that whole "being cute" thing is really annoying. I don't care about their relationship anymore. I don't even care that she is pregnant, big deal. Now if Angela became pregnant, that would be hilarious. Just imagine Dwight..

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have never seen the British office, but saw a preview for it on adult swim the other day and noticed there was a guy that looked just like Jim.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I think David Brent is a much better boss than Michael Scott. His humor is more subtle.

At times, I feel like the writers, in an effort to force humor into every situation, make Michael too stupid.