1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Aug 25, 2009.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

a LOT of funny parts, but somehow i was overall disappointed given that ep as a season opener

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I feel the same way. I laughed a lot, but was still a little disappointed. idk why, it was funny

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I thought it was a very solid episode, kind of lacking in any real character development (except our favorite couple), but I'm sure we'll get a huge helping of drama sooner than later.

4. famicom

famicom Member

I liked it when Jim was able to play all those pranks on Dwight, and Pam would go along with it. They were both so involved with the whole office. Now they just seperate themselves and feels like it splits the whole episode... I guess that's how it is in real life

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

yeah, it seems like Jim doesn't want anything to do with anyone else there. His attitude is getting pretty annoying.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Jam is a bearable plot line so it doesn't bother me.

Considering his character has a marriage and a baby on the way I think it follows a natural progression.

Esp. considering the Charles debacle from last season. Think what they are trying to show is him growing up and having to take things a tad more seriously. I'm sure they'll let him crack some stuff like in the past but not as often.

Also if you've worked with enough people who are in relationships and work together thier situation kind of rings true.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

all that may be true, but that doesn't make it fun to watch :)

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

imagine how you'd feel working in that office.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah I know but I find the other stuff very funny so it lets me gloss over it

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i would love it....i wouldnt be a douche like jim. jim was better without pam.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The jam parts were dragging and almost dead air. The gentle couple banter in their first talking head part was bad, as if they're in their own private joke now. While this is only the first episode of the season, I hope they (the writers) continue to distance the plot from involving Jim and Pam if only to keep away from couples humor.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I was not feeling this episode at all really...

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There were some laugh out loud moments for sure.

The beginning was funny. The Kevin-Andy scene when he tells him yeah i bet you like tea bags was hilarious.

Andy is my favorite character now. The scence where he talks to Oscar about his sexuality was great.

Michael provided the awkward moments. It's definitely not the best episode but a solid one nonetheless.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Jim and Pam were once a big foundation of the humor during the peak of the show, but at this point you could get nearly equal entertainment without either of their characters.

I'm not sure if I really believe that, but it often feels like it. Screw maturity, we need Jim messing with people(Dwight) again. Anyways, Andy is freaking gold.

Overall it was a good episode and as usual better on the re-watch.

15. BullFan

BullFan Member

i have a daughter, how can i be a virgin?

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Thought the opening was not funny at all, pretty stupid. The rest of it was good except for any time Jim and Pam are interviewed together. Unbearable.

"Who's your OB/GYN?"

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

For those of you wanting the OLD Jim... he's #2 in command in the Scranton branch, he can't go around pranking like he used to, so his character has evolved. No longer is he on the same level as Schrute. Accept his movement to upper management and YOU TOO will find your inner peace. :eek:

18. dookiester

dookiester Member

true, but he still isn't funny. i would gladly sacrifice jim's logical character development for greater humor, given that the office is supposed to be a comedy. if it were a straight up prime time drama, then realism would matter. but just bc the plot takes the characters in a certain direction doesn't excuse the writers for not providing laughs. it's always sunny had the better premiere of the night.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The episode was OK and there were several funny parts, but it lacked mojo. I didn't feel satisfied after it was over. The opening was terrible except for when Andy jumped into the box outside.

Count me in with those who are bored with the Jim/Pam thing. I have to believe the writers know that and used this episode to get the pregnancy issue out in the open so it can be laid (mostly) to rest.

20. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I think it's just the beginning. We still have to get through the wedding.