1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Some spoilers below...

At least Michael tried to do something for the business...in addition to the daily office meeting that turned into a farce. Usually, he is just a complete waste of time not really doing anything business-related. He really never ceases to amaze me...even though we know he is so over the top. That part where he drove into the lake even though he had all the information to know not to...it almost seemed like he drove into the lake intentionally to prove a point that technology was not going to beat old business practices because the gift baskets didn't work. I guess he did. On the other hand, he is an idiot of the third degree so driving into a lake may be due to low IQ. Which one is it? I know he twisted it to his "game...set...match" advantage as to why technology isn't the answer and that really wasn't there given he has no real say in the matter due to being a peon. Meanwhile, Ryan is trying to scam some jam from Pam by pretending to like her mock-ups...which I assume he was doing to get into her pants until he found out she is seeing Jim. How do you like those mock-ups now, Ryan?

This episode was entertaining. Any time Dwight and Michael hit the road together for sales calls...that's gotta be a winner. lol

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i laughed out loud many times which i rarely do when i first watch it, usually takes another viewing to catch everything. it definitely dragged on but if you put the best bits in a 30 minute episode, this was a classic.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree with most here that the hour long episode is just too long. This show isn't set up for it. Shorter segments of Michael is all that I can take. His complete and utter lack of business acumen is funny to a point. Dragged out over an hour can be a bit painful.

GRENDAL...Ryan was always a douche. Remember the episode when he s*** on Dunder Mifflin to his MBA class with Michael in attendance? It was hilarious seeing him get shot down by Pam...

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I know but now with his promotion it's become even more magnified

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I started to get bored near the end. The lake scene and going back to get the gift basket back was too over the top for me.

My favorite part was when Ryan came in and said to treat him just like you treated Jan and Michael started laughing saying "that's kinky".

And as always, I can't stand the whole JAM crap.

Bring on the Andy/Angela hookup.

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Good episode but I dont like the 1 hour format. It just started to lose my attention at the end. I like the office in smaller doses, anything else and it just gets way too over the top.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This was a pretty entertaining episode...Tuna and his non-awesomeness.. :D

Andy and Angela are coming and that'll be cool...Jim&Pam, eh...

Creed was hilarious...

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

good 1st half.. pretty boring towards the end.

I think hour-longs CAN be good. See Benihana Christmas, for one. But.. i think the writers need to dig themselves out of this. I've been disappointed so far this year.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

cool beans....

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

good episode. not the greatest, but still decent. besides even a so-so episode of the office is better than over 95% of other tv shows.

11. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I just don't see how Ryan can stay the boss much longer without getting rid of Michael, or how Jan can stay unemployed.

I think Ryan will end up getting canned, and Jan will come back to replace him, and then things will go back to the way they where.

I was worried about the Pam/Jim romance ruining the show, but if they keep it to them just hanging out eating lunch and the usual talking at work, I think it will be okay.

12. kaleidosky

heard that and thought of creed's mung bean growing immediately.. :cool:

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Pam is the office Mattress" - Angela

Angela is just crazy

Rocket River

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The still shot in the video player says it all.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cftVPvFC8AI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cftVPvFC8AI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

me and wife just busted out laughing when we saw that promo!

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

How cool is this...young Creed with The Grass Roots back in the day. That's him in the striped sweater.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnFZsrs32Co&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnFZsrs32Co&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

wait a minute! there are no microphones, mic stands or cables for their guitars! we dont even have that technology today. how they hell did these guys do that?

???
    [​IMG]
    ???

18. kaleidosky

seemed obvious that it was lip synching.. at least i thought so immediately

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Oh, that would drive Dwight nuts, he might murder Andy.

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Andy is one of my fav characters. Man it would be great to have them hook up, Dwight would lose his mind