1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Aug 30, 2007.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

and the aftermath in the actual frezzer with bags of frozen food :D

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

#62 Faos, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

nice vid, no real spoilers..

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'm with Faos on this, Melora Hardin (aka Jan) is super-hot. And a pretty good comic actress so I'm looking forward to the Jan/Michael storyline (although I still think the producers totally assassinated her character, but if it's funny then whatever).

As for the rest of the show, I thought it was kind of uneven. There were a bunch of standout lines/scenes ("You don't know me, you've just seen my penis" is an instant classic), every character got some decent screen time, but there were some scenes that dragged (the tail end of the religion discussion, and Michael's final crisis of confidence at the end of the show).

Regardless, I'm pretty excited about this season. I think this Jim/Pam relationship will be light and fun, and won't dominate episodes with their angst and drama. "Jam" can fade to the background a bit and allow the secondary and tertiary characters some more screen time.

Definitely looking forward to this season.

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i bought all 3 seasons on dvd yesterday. going to have an office marathon at some point.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Quick promo for this weeks show.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjrLRhlM-gE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjrLRhlM-gE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Finally watched it and although it seemed to drag on forever, it had its funny parts that made me Laugh out Loud...

8. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Any comments about last night's show?

The "Sometimes you just gotta ride the bull, know what I mean?" quote by Creed was hilarious, as was the whole deal with him using the toner to dye his hair. Found it funny that Toby just wanted to wait to have Jim & Pam sign the inter-office relationship consent forms - I always feel bad for Toby since he's always getting shafted, but him listening in on Ryan & Kelly about the whole 'pregnancy' thing was funny. Jim talking smack about Ryan was cool to see. And is this the end of Dwight & Angela?

9. GRENDEL

I enjoyed last nites show quite a bit. Think it was excellent how they melded the under lying theme throughout all the plot lines.

Poor Toby will never get a break. Good ol Ryan's become a massive douche bag

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As much as I hated seeing that, it was inevitable. The three years he was working for Michael led to this actually :D

The scene where Kelly told Ryan the "news" and her immediate reaction in the office confessional was hilarious.

Creed...he's up there now with the greats like Kosmo Kramer and G.O.B. Bluth

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

I like how Jan hates Ryan and screwed him over by telling Michael about the ageism lawsuit.

Also, how Michael brought in the founder of Dunder Mifflin to talk about how old people can still be productive and then kicked him out because he was boring and was talking too long.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I laughed out loud the most at the lake scene. It could have been a short-cut!

13. GRENDEL

Yeah I can see that with Ryan, his move with Pam was pretty funny if not obvious

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

That was a disappointing episode for me. The last bit with getting the gift basket back was basically unwatchable. It seems like the writers are always going for the grotesque cringeworthy moments, as if they're trying to top the British version in that category. The problem is that the American office's biggest strength is in it's ensemble cast with their quirky personalities. Also the original Office was such a short series, that the awkward antics never wore out their welcome. But with 50+ episodes already for the current incarnation, it's seems like it's getting harder and harder for the show to hit those cringeworthy beats while maintaining any semblance of reality.

I still have a lot of faith in the show, but I'm guessing that these first 4 weeks of hour-long episodes aren't going to be among the Office's best.

15. GRENDEL

I think some of the problem maybe that the hour long episodes seem a bit stretched out compared to the typical 22 min shows

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's why it'll never be my absolutely favorite show on tv. Some of the Michael scenes are way way way too much where it's hard to watch.

17. tulexan

tulexan Member

I'm not a huge fan of these hour long shows either. It always seems like when shows try to either go from 30 minutes to an hour or from an hour to two hours, they are always stretched out and never as good as the normal length shows.

18. GRENDEL

I agree, think this episode in particular would have had a more sleek feel had it been in the 30 min format

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Different people like different things. At the beginning of the episode, it had me rolling. By the time getting the gift basket back came around, it was becoming boring. To me, it seems like they are trying to bring in a different/larger audience. Killing Angelas cat was not the Dwight we know. He is mr all talk no action. Micheal Scott is often funny the first 30 seconds or so, but then extending his stupidity gets old. Andy's character has to go.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I thought this episdoe was much better then the first one this season. Then again I like it when they go over the top with their humor. That's what makes the show different.

Although I was really into the Jim and Pam thing during the first two seasons, but now it's just old.