1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office (NBC) Season Finale

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rrj_gamz, May 12, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

more than any show, the Office is often about what's NOT said. it's the look from Jim or Pam when someone says something stupid that just kills me.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

They will likely be through iTunes Music Store since that is where you can get them currently.

One interesting note is that the episode before this last was their 16th episode in a season only built for 15. It was written AFTER all the other shows had been written when NBC ordered another episode in mid-season. The writers and cast complained that they didn't have enough time for it and, as a result, didn't care for it.

I thought that one didn't seem AS funny or as well thought out as some of the others and when I read about it, I understood.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I think NBC is going to offer them on their own site. Read on:

http://www.lostremote.com/

NBC to launch new sites, iVillage TV show

by Cory Bergman

During its upfront presentation this afternoon, NBC will make a series of digital announcements. First, NBC will launch a new broadband channel called DotComedy.com (not live yet) featuring clips from SNL, The Tonight Show, Late Night, The Office and more. The site will also feature blogs, mash-ups and podcasts. NBC is also launching a series of sites built around the FirstLook.com brand: NBCFirstLook.com, USAFirstLook.com...etc.)

Each site will premiere up to four episodes of their respective networks' series in their entirety each year. Coming in December, NBC's owned-and-operated stations will launch iVillage Live, a new, one-hour TV show based on the recent NBC acquisition of iVillage. The Today Show will also feature an iVillage segment. Next, all of the NBC properties will be launching a new video player later this month.

Lots more in the press release, including plans to produce 30 webisodes of The Office during the summer. All in all, when you marry these announcements with plans to launch NBBC, the network is making an aggressive digital push.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

30 webisodes. :eek:

That is sweet. I know they're only going to be like 3-5 minutes, but 30 is a bunch. That'll really help me get my office fix over the long summer.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Best thing from the Office has been the license plate WLLHNG.

I didn't know you were a William Hung Fan?!?

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't know, I thought it was great when Michael found out he had two dates and said he was going to be dropping a deuce on everyone.

7. m_cable

More Michael gems:

"Let's get it started, Black Eyed Crows"

How he's quite the Philanderer, due to his charity.

When he put "Heroine" on the list of drugs.

That reminds me of this awesome clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbx8hke3-bo

#47 m_cable, May 16, 2006
    Last edited: May 16, 2006
  8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Great list of quotes here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386676/quotes

Dwight Schrute: In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, "Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me and I'm dead." Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion, you're dead.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I remember reading that it was a 21-episode season that at the last minute was bumped up to 22. The last 2 shows before the season finale were among the weakest of the entire year, so I always figured that was the reason why.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yes, there were 22. the last 2 are the one where dwight finds a doobie in the parking lot and michael handles conflict resolution - i thought those were really funny.

again, you can get every episode on itunes for 2 bucks each. im a dork and have them all.

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be better to wait for the season 2 dvd with commentaries and bonus? Or will you buy that too?

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ill probably wait for one of my friends to buy it than borrow :D

i like having all the episodes on my ipod.

13. MadMax

or you can get a TIVO with a DVD burner

or you can do what i do...get a friend with a TIVO with a DVD burner.

14. MadMax

anybody catch last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother. the president knocked off my DVR schedule last night.

15. m_cable

Really? I thought ep 20 Drug Testing was a bit scattered, but ep 21 Conflict Resolution was an instant classic (one of the best pure comedy episodes). Shrugs.

16. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I remember seeing one episode of The Office..

it was called 'Diversity Day'

classic.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Does anybody know of any websites where you can watch Office episodes online?

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

You can watch clips at www.nbc.com/theoffice

Be sure to check out Dwight's blog.

19. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

One of my favorite quotes was I think from the sexual harassment episode that went something like:

Michael: I love Phyllis. She's like a grandmother to us here.

Phyllis: But Michael, I the same age as you are.

Michael: Yea........ I don't know about that.

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

OMG, I'm so pissed about that speech. It screwed up my CSI: Miami. I missed the last 20 minutes. :mad: