1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the NY Giants lost Jeremy Shockey, and look what happened to them..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluerap04, Feb 27, 2008.

1. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I wonder what Magic Johnson thinks of the Rockets now, after saying that T-Mac or Yao has to go just a couple of months ago. I'm sure that he intended to see one of them get traded away rather than go down for the season with an injury.

2. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

The Rockets only get 1 "Get Out of Jail" card every 20 years? (kidding)

Anyways my point is, as always, its about overcoming adversity and winning regardless.

I should have known my thread title would've lost most readers from the jump, all I'm trying to convey is that we can win without Yao.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like your optimism, I really do. It's an optimism we all need to/should have. But it's asking a LOT out of this bunch to overachieve in a year where being 17 games over .500 barely gets you into the playoffs.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The eagles lost TO too.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol giants have eli manning, hall of famer michael strahan, pro bowler usi uminyora,plaxico burress is an elite wr........we dont even have a 2nd all star this year.

6. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

I'd guess that he is disappointed in seeing that we had to lose one of our superstars in this fashion, but on the other hand is very interested in seeing how the Rockets fare now that they have to make their Playoff run with only Tmac.

I bet Magic understands Tmac and his game better than any of the rest of the former pro ballers that are now newscasters, because they both are skilled playmakers with size. I'm sure he can see something we cannot.

Can't wait to see how we do though.

7. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

Every team has ups and downs remaining in their schedule. Who knows who will slip up.

Yea we're 3 away from dropping out, but why the hell does the media emphesis stuff like that? As if no other team has a chance to lose 3 straight :rolleyes: Well guess what. The Lakers are only 6 games away from dropping out of the Playoffs. Is it likely? Maybe not, but its still just 6 games.

Anyways we're also just 3 away from the top spot. It'll be just as easy to rise in the standings, as we're good enough to do so, in my opinion at least.

Keep ya head up :cool:

8. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

Think about that..

Eli Manning..

Before the NFL playoffs, dude was widely considered an average chump whose biggest reason for making it in the league is that his brother is Peyton.

How many have said Strahan is getting too old? How many will say Landry is too young?

They were underestimated, because they didn't have an Owens, or a Favre.. Yet they did it anyways.

(As far as the 2nd All Star, I don't know about you, but I think its obvious Tmac didn't go because he didn't want to.. you do remember A.I.'s incredible jump in votes right?)

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Are you really trying to compare football to basketball?

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I love the sentiment of the original post... You guys should all keep creating positive "mojo" or "energy" or whatever you want to label it.

The positive is certainly easier to handle.

For the negative responses in this thread... there are plenty other threads on this BBS for you to go and throw away all hope.

Please don't do it in here.

GO ROCKETS!

I BELIEVE!

;)

11. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

No, I'm comparing the attitudes towards both the Rockets and the Giants. No one thought the Giants could do anything close to what they did. No one thinks the Rockets can do anything special this year.

(I'll admit...terrible thread title because it sets the tone in an intentional, incorrect manner.)

12. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

unintentional* :rolleyes:

13. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I'm bringing this up again because Shane said something recently in a new article that pretty much echoes something similar to the Giants' mentality:
    article (HC)

And yes I know this article has been brough up already, but this quote summarized things, and this thread, the best:

"It's fine. It's cool," Shane Battier said. "It makes our jobs easier, less distractions. When you have everyone on your neck whispering sweet nothings in your ear, telling you how great you are, it makes your job tougher. Our job's easy now. No one is believing in us."

Granted, the Rockets don't get as much press as a team like the Giants, but their mentality is very similar to them, based on what the players are saying

14. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Whoa they lost their second option in the passing game wow. Losing Yao is like the Giants losing Eli. He's the face of the team and the leader people turn to. Losing Shockey would be like us losing Battier. It would hurt but we would still be a top team.