1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Numbers Are Clear, The Rockets Have A Big 3 Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Nov 21, 2017.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Zach Randolph is a good example. Good production that didn't translate to wins until later in his career.

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

CP’s numbers were already with him playing with 2 other stars. They should stay relatively the same if not go slightly up from playing in a better system

juanm34 likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Like most here, I love Capela, but if we get a chance to get Cousins, I think we must do it. Besides the great production from the center position, we could get Cousins to punk Draymond Green. That would epic.

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

Pre-Islam Hakeem?

5. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

PG's defense this year is incredible. It seems that if you take off some of his burden offensively, he is a Kawhi caliber defensive player. But we don't have any cap room this coming off season, so we almost have no way to acquire any all star players.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey would have to gut the team in order to afford somebody like Paul George. I think he’d be able to pull it off. I happen to think that CP3 won’t be re-signed to a max deal here, but that’s just me.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a trip seeing Capela at #10 with those numbers and realize that while he's increased his MPG, his minutes remain far fewer per game that the 9 players above him. I would hate to trade him (sorry, Will!), because he's a perfect fit, in my opinion. If Clint can average over 30 minutes a game with the same level of production, hell yes, he'd be desirable as a trade piece, but why would you trade him? And the guy is hitting over 63% of his FT's. How amazing is that? I love what he's giving the Rockets.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I mean, he led the team to the Finals his second year in the NBA... he got into a few fights, but so did the whole NBA back then. Didn't do much to be considered "troubled" unless you count the "feud" with Charlie Thomas, which was resolved amicably.

9. Naismith

Naismith Member

CP3 will he be signed anywhere for the max "but I think he is worth everything we payed and more just to watch him play defense.
    THIS

D-rock, DonKnock and Robert Kogut like this.
  10. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well you used the excuse first (they should win the first time if Love and Irving weren't injured), so if you do that, you have to allow the same to other team :)

I don't know man. I try to make sense of all that's happening around Cavs. I see unhappy players who either leave, pout or just play worse than before they joined LeBron. Meanwhile, CP3 and Melo wanted to come to Houston to play with a "ballhog".

With LBJ, it's either his way or the highway. Did you see anyone actively wanting to be traded or sign with Cavs?

DwangBoy and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Why no Joe Chee on the list?
    He is the other twin tower.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

????
    If anything that has more to do with the city and their cap situation than playing with Lebron. They have been in cap hell for years.

But they still manage to get decent pieces on the cheap, and every year after buyouts Cleveland always gets players over Houston. Not sure what you are talking about. The players haven't necessarily worked out.

Deron Williams
    D wade
    Bogut
    IT was happy to play with Lebron

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Sorry but I can't count Deron, D-Rose or Wade as someone relevant. There's a difference between washed-up players who just want to ride his coat-tails to a ring and those who still have some game in them, like CP3, Melo or PG for example.

DwangBoy likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Perfect time to trade Harden for Diangelo Russell and picks.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

he has yet to actually play with Lebron. besides what else is he supposed to say. That hes not happy..

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

Outside the run when he was with Ralph Sampson, there wasn't much success for the next decade. He got his numbers but the team didn't do well. He was a frustrated, short tempered big man whom the Rockets almost traded for scraps.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You do know that cocaine and injuries destroyed a potential Rockets dynasty in the 80s? Hakeem could have won multiple championships at a much younger age.

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody's entire career is really perfect.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Capela is not done yet
    I think his potential on BOTH SIDES of the ball is still growing
    I think he will eventually be ALOT better than Adams

Right Now . . in THIS LEAGUE
    there is little to no reason to develop a back to the basket game or midrange jumpers
    or even a turn around jumper

For Capela
    the important things are
    1. Activity on defense
    2. Soft hands to catch and glide the ball around the rim
    3. Pass better

He is NOT BAD AT ANY OF THESE
    The better he gets at them . . the more he will rise

Rocket River

CDrex, Rudyc281, D-rock and 1 other person like this.