1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley is not very good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 28, 2016.

1. verysimplejason

Rockets' PG should be able to guard two players at a time. ;)

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is 40% from 3 on two makss per game not great?

Is more steals then turnovers not great? His hustle ='s a really good rebounding % for a PG.

He sucked in the playoffs, just like everybody else did (this team is seriously ****ed), that doesn't mean he didn't just have a very good season in his role. You guys, are tripping.

3. sun12

sun12 Member

It is the system. Livingston at this Rox team would be lost.

Rox has tried many PGs before, none of them was successful. Sooner or later, you have to ask yourself, is it due to the player or due to the system?

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with our system for the PG. Just look at Harden. He's doing great.

5. Houston79Astro

The entire defense has been terrible this season, hard to just pin it all on one guy. I would gladly take Conley as our starter, but in no way do I want to lose Bev. Under the right coaching staff, Bev would do very well. Just needs to stay healthy...

6. pass_to_Hakeem

Lol you don't need numbers to tell you Pat Bev is a backup @ best!! He's a 4th-5th tier nba guard

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

It's like we've completely forgotten Ty Lawson was ever even on the team. Beverley was never expected to be our starting PG. This fail is not on Beverley.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We need a shooting guard who can guard point guards.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

hes bad but honestly, he's one of the very few who gives his best every game...its just unfortunate that his best isnt very good when compared to other NBA starting point guards.

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I will give my best too if you pay me 10,000 dollars a week.

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

At least he is better than Lin. :rolleyes:

12. hakeemthagreat

Incorrect. James Harden does 95% of the ball handling because that's the only way he can be effective. The Rockets ran almost 400 more iso's for Harden than Golden State ran together as a team. They played the same way when Lin was here. Was it Bev's fault when Lin was here?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pat Beverley's numbers this year is likely a matter of Luther Head Syndrome. A spot-up shooter, particularly a small one, who isn't really much of a drive and finish threat tends to get locked down in a series when the opponent excels on defense and his own team is struggling.

Suddenly, he doesn't get all these open opportunities that he sees in regular season and the shots stop falling at the same rate.

#53 Carl Herrera, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  14. conquistador#11

post 69 if you remember head's facial on the entire lakers team!

15. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Bev would be a decent back-up PG. The fact that he is starting for us is symptomatic of how much we lack depth.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I have to say Jeremy Lin is better.

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think any idiot who thought Beverly was ever better than Lin talent wise needs to go and have their head examined. It was painfully obvious to anyone with eyes that Beverly did not belong in the same stratosphere as Lin. The Lin hate on this board was beyond absurd and just baffling. As much as I couldn't stand his inconsistent play, it was baffling to me that the rox would ever even entertain the thought of Beverly as the better player. Then again, given the the teams track record when it comes to drafting and scouting, I guess I shouldn't be surprised

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Bev is the new Rafer Alston.

Useful bench caliber players that are forced to start and play heavy minutes out of necessity.

Don't blame the players.

19. Asian Sensation

Ha! Rafer had his shortcomings but he looks like an All-Star compared to Bev.

Bev is closer to Matt Maloney circa 96-98 without any playoff heroics.

20. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I love PatBev's heart, toughness and hustle; I agree that he is not a starting PG.