1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The number 14 pick 1980 to 2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gwalchmai, May 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dickerson was a very good player. it didnt "work out" strictly because of injuries.

dude was so fast to the basket is one thing i remember. sucks

2. right1

right1 Member

Michael Cage was cool.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whiteside, with the right people around him, really could develop into the next Marcus Camby, as some GM's have him compared to.
    I actually would like to have a big man with a nice shooting touch to help ease the pressure on Yao.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

was wondering the same thing, but it was before i was born so i don't know how he was in college

5. djimi

djimi Member

Wow!! Earl Clark!! :rolleyes:

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I would not agree that 14th pick would not help Rockets immediately!

Whoever Rockets drafted in last few years turned out to be immediate success, remember guy called CHASE BUDINGER?

And we are talking about 14th not 40 something pick ;)

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You do have to realize too that most of the picks late in the draft this year would be the top picks in 2011 because of the CBA. I believe players like Whiteside or Donatas Motiejunas would be in the top five for 2011 had they stayed out of the draft this year.

These are lottery picks that are coming out a year too early IMO. They are great lottery prospects but enough hasnt been seen of them to determine whether they are a future Clyde Drexler or a Yinka Dare.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E37MBYJ-w7k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E37MBYJ-w7k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I am pretty sold on Drafting Motiejunas at the 14 spot if he is still there. I think he will retain alot of value even if he doesnt become a great defender or rebounder.

As a rookie he could come off the bench with Battier and Lowry and be a huge matchup problem with his ability to shoot and play in a fast tempo offense. Plus the fact that he mentions Scola as his favorite NBA player speaks volumes of what kind of players he admires. If he wants to be a beast Like Scola with his abilitys.... Im sold.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If we end up keeping the pick (which I kinda doubt we will) I really love our shot at getting a guy who can be a solid rotation player by season's end. If we can get first-season rotation players late in the first round and early in the second like we have done since Morey/Adelman came aboard then I can only be optimistic with what they will do with a better pick.

10. slpntz

slpntz Member

They are not keeping the pick. You can take that to the bank!

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No jump shot coming out of college.

DD

12. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

cool list
    an al thorton would be nice

13. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

Yeah I think he plays for the Raptors and kinda looks like one too ;)

14. kops630

kops630 Rookie

Need enough lucky to pick a good seed.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

You do realize that a Budinger-type player would not even get a sniff at the rotation this year with Martin, Ariza, Battier, Budinger, and possibly Taylor in front of him, right?

Different year, different depth chart. Not comparable.