1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next superstar wing.....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Jul 6, 2018.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't think Tatum and Brown have to be superstars for Boston to become the next badass team on the block. I'm not sure they will become superstars and I didn't him. They both will become all-star caliber players. I don't think the Celtics should trade either player. Because, I feel like they will be the two best players on the Celtics. Even, more so than Kyrie, who is kind of overrated. Tatum/Brown can shoot, hot tough shots, rebound, pass,athletic, and can play defense - and are team players. Both players are not even 23 yet.

Kyrie can hit big shots and have big games, while being a great playmaker. But, he's horrible on defense, injury prone, and the latest revelations about his eventual departure from Cleveland for the simple fact he's not the main guy (which he won't be for any team with championship aspirations). It's a land mine for the Celtics, if they keep him over Tatum and Brown. They should trade Kyrie to a team, like the Hawks, Kings, or Grizzlies for a #1 pick ... that gives them leverage for the future with a team that is already a powerhouse without Kyrie.

Also, gives Kyrie a chance to prove how good he is and how he can lead cellar dweller to NBA prominence, like LeBron.

Patience likes this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wrong thread

#42 A_3PO, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Didn’t he have a major injury?

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No way. Tatum is already better and once his body matures the gap will get bigger. But Justise could be a valuable role player on a good team. Superstar? Nah.

5. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I agree, I thought this was also going to be about Duval. If he gets a jump shot he will be dangerous. His blow by speed is amazing.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Don't see "superstar" in his future, but fringe All-Star for sure.

7. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Ben Simmons needs to develop a jump shot to be considered a "superstar" wing.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

"Next" ... time will tell. The operative word is develop...so he is obviously not there yet. But, it's not to say he can't.

9. basketballholic

Yes. He has separated himself from Hezonja at the moment. Although I still expect Hezonja to break out at some point and be great. And then it might become debatable again.

I still like Hezonja a lot. Would have loved to replace Ariza with Hezonja. I still believe Hezonja has superstar potential.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

People are underestimating what Dantoni and Paul can do for Melo's game..

BigShasta and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Simmons is already a star, but that jumper is broked in every wish way imaginable.

He will lead the sixers into the 3 point era and thrive with no jumper whatsoever.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

More like Rudy Gay.

[​IMG]

ParaSolid likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We’re is Josh Jackson on that list?

The guy put up huge numbers the last 40+ games of the season. He’s an elite athlete with good handles and passing skills. Plus he’s got the tools to be elite on defense.

He’s shown more than Ingram imo the only guys on your list that I are better than him are booker, Simmons and mitchel.

And the only guy I like more than him besides those 3 is Luca doncic.

Jackson could end up better than booker imo.

The kid is the best wing player out of Kansas since Paul Pierce.

Forgot about Tatum he’s good also but I still think Jackson has more potential because of his athletic gifts.

Don’t sleep on JJ he’s a stud.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I've been pretty high on Winslow myself...

UNTIL THIS THREAD.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Unless JJ is the second coming of Jimmy Butler, don't expect those t-rex arms to lock down anyone.
    He also shoots 65% from the FT line, so RIP to any potential 3 point threat.
    It doesn't help that Tatum is younger than Jackson by nearly a year.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Say what you want but the reality is the kid was putting up almost 20/6 a night for over 30 games to end the season.

Hi shooting improved a lot from Kansas to the nba, still needs to get a lot better but if he can get a consistent jumper he’ll be a fantastic player.

He’s a better passer than Tatum and a much better athlete his upside is higher.

I like Tatum I’m just not as high on him as most, maybe I’m missing something. I don’t see future superstar when I watch him play. To me all those ppl that say they wouldn’t trade him for kawi are crazy imo. It’s not like kawi is old lol.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I think Tatum was just in the right place at the right time.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member