1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Next Matt Bullard?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by giddyup, Nov 29, 2005.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just found what out? I don't get it. I feel dumb today.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

For real, he is nothing like Bullard. He can't shoot.

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

For the 90th time:

I still can't believe that two guys named JJ Redick and Shavlik Randolph are white.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I thought Damn Lanky was the next Matt Bullard? Hell, any skinny white guy that doesn't play defense could be named the next Matt Bullard...

7. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Has their ever been a better summer at the BBS than 2000?

8. giddyup

I talked to a guy yesterday who played against him in school. He was saying what a great shooter he was; he left Duke because Coach K wanted to make him a power 4 while he wanted to be a power 3...

Last I heard he had pulled out of the draft.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Carolina looked awful white too. I think their basket is running on empty.

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

At this point in his career being compared to Bullard would be a huge compliment for Randolph. Dude is terrible.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ohhhh the guy scouts said would be better than Carmelo Anthony!

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't think him and Coach K ever got along. Out of all the people that could've left Dook last year, he was one of the worst. Honestly, I'm surprised he made a team.

13. giddyup

No kidding. That's why I posted the thread. The guy I talked to seemed to think that Shavlik is better than he ever peformed at Duke. This theory is backed up by the fact that he made an NBA roster-- something I never would have expected based on what I saw and I see a good bit of Duke basketball.

14. RocketsFAN3035

yeah giddyup, good post. I forgot to mention something about this. I saw he made the roster a few weeks ago. I couldn't be more surprised. But, I guess he felt he was playing out of possiont as a Dukie (as your friend pointed out). I was always a fan of his though. He had some Yao like moments (good on offense, picks up dumb fouls on D....remember the game against UConn in the Final Four....he had that MONSTER dunk....and got like 3 fouls in 5 minutes...I wanted to strangle him). I guess will see how McRobberts pans out. Josh is supposed to be better than Shav, but, who knows.

15. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

all i know is that he was one of the highest sought after kids in HS recruiting in a long time. he wasn't lebron but his stock was extremely high and probably should have just entered the draft out of high school and been a 1st round or even lottery pick instead of going to duke and being exposed as a fraud of basketball player. then he entered the draft after a season where he averaged like 5 points and 3 rebounds a game....what a waste. he will NEVER be anything in the nba, and comparing him to bullard is a compliment, really, because if randolph lasts more than 3 seasons in the nba i would be shocked.

16. giddyup

The comparison to Bullard is CC.NET-friendly. Randolph is tall, blonde and maybe one-dimensional.