1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next coach to get fired will be....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ToyCen428, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Mike Dunleavy in my opinion. Shoulda been gone 2 months ago. Take the Kings for example. Only 1 win behind LA Clippers with a banged up Kevin Martin, a John Salmons and a Brad Miller. Besides those 2, no deep talent on that team.

But the CLIPPERS! I mean oh man you have Baron Davis, Al Thorton, Zach Randolph, and Marcus Camby!!!!! I know the West is tough but you should be able to manage 35-40 wins with those 4 guys on your team if your the least bit decent of a coach.

2. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Either Mike Dunleavy or Vinny del Negro

3. Asian Sensation

1) Donald Sterling is cheap. Cheap as **** to be exact. I doubt he buys out Dunleavy only to pay a new coach.

2) Bdiddy has missed 12 games.

3) Zbo's missed 17

4) Camby's missed 7

5) Sterling is cheap as ****.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And Chris Kaman just sucks...

5. FFz

FFz Member

i think dunleavy at least has done a good job with eric gordan and that sophomore that they got.

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

Porter. Even though it's not his fault the Suns suck right now...

Sterling is cheap. And they had as much injury like us for the past few years.

Vinny del Negro done an okay job. I don't think any coach could do so much with this team. This team is made up of so many inconsistent players.

7. MONON

MONON Member

I agree. I don't think anyone gets fired here. No Donald will ever fire himself no matter how big an a$$hole he is.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree these are the two most likely.

Vinny will be fired before Mike, but I don't think either guy gets let go during the season. Dunleavy is now the sole basketball authority with the Clippers. His firing would leave a huge vacuum in Clipperland better addressed during the summer. Plus, DTS is a cheapskate.

Since this is Del Negro's first season, I just don't see the Bulls not allowing him to finish it. Paxson just got through blaming himself for the Bulls problems (though at the same time he did DECLINED to give Vinny a vote of confidence).

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

vinny of the black

10. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Terry Porter,period.

Suns played suck recently,losing to the Bobcats with which they had a trade last month.Oops,that'd be a great move for the Bobcats. :cool:

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think Kerr would be fired before Porter.

12. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

dunleavy is the next to be fired, they should hire jvg, they're defense would be sick with camby and kaman. I think if jvg or some other veteran coach was coaching the clippers they'd be really good right now, that have way too much talent

13. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

Yeah. the clippers have talent but are not winning crap. :confused:

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Watched the Clippers and Warriors tonight.

The Clippers literally had only 3 people on the bench while the 5 players were on the court. Fred Jones is their PG. Not much Dunleavy can do.

I do like Al Thornton though as I have stated numerous times. This will give him a chance to develop even more.

15. rockets_fanatic

Here is an interesting subject. Which if any of the current released coaches will land a job next season?

16. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

baron,camby,kaman,randolph have played 0 games all together look it up. DeAndre Jordan is looking good out of the scond round, dunleavy is a good coach give him a healthy clips with eric gordon ballin and we'll see

17. Chamillionaire

clippers are exactly what we thought they were, bad management, bad coaches, and players who probably have no team chemistry.

dunleavy should be gone, but will probably get another year. i think michael curry might be a good candidate, i mean his team has too much talent to be underachieving, and it looks like they came out on the losing side of the AI trade.

Vinny will probably be gone, as well as D. Nelson.

18. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Considering that Joe Dumars decided to make cap room this year instead of going for a championship, it would be a travesty for Curry to take the fall for that; his job should be to keep the Pistons an attractive destination for FAs, while developing Stuckey.

As for Del Negro and Porter, I don't really see the motivation in changing coaches mid-season; I can't believe that either team gets substantially better because of the move. In general, making an in-season, knee-jerk coaching change in response to poor play and "losing the team" is pretty dumb. It makes the GM look better, because inevitably, the team plays better after the move; but that's usually because the long losing streak that catalyzed the move is balanced out by a natural statistical fluctuation in the winning direction. The practice also makes coaches play "not to lose" rather than to make plays to win it all and develop rookies.

The only reason to fire a coach midseason is if the team is doing so poorly as to cause long-term damage to its impressionable young players. Therefore, it's unbelievable to me that Dunleavy is still around; he's legitimately hurting the development of Thornton and Gordon right now. Of course, he's going to finish the season, and the one good thing about that is I believe that the Clippers are in a unique position to be one of the only teams to have the luxury of waiting for Tom Thibodeaux, who won't be able to interview until after the Celtics get bounced, which will likely be well after the coaching carousel goes around.

Eddie Jordan would also be a fantastic fit for this Clippers team as well; he was unfairly bounced from Washington, I felt.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Del Negro

The guy just looks lost on the bench

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its kind of hard of dunleavy to be fired when he is also the GM of the team. sterling would have to find a new gm and coach if he decides to fire dunleavy. he is too cheap to do that and good luck trying to find a GM for that team knowing the history of its cheap owner. there is probably someone willing to coach that team though at least if they can show some improvement it can lead to a better job down the line.

its sad because every clipper game i go to all the fans want dunleavy's head but he knows he isnt going anywhere. dunleavy isnt that bad of a coach but i think he has worned out his welcome in LA thats all.

if i had to think off the top of my head the next to go would be del negro