1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New Tracy McGrady.........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 26, 2006.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I believe that Tmac will be gettin a lot of Triple doubles this season. Hes really close, just a couple of more rebounds and assists a nite.

2. glory_tracy

glory_tracy Member

tracy magicgrady!!!!!!!

3. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Thing is, Tracy needs to adjust his game even more when he inadvertantly loses that long first step.

I don't believe when others say he's lost it already, he certainly hasn't. But I will concede that he has lost some explosiveness. And his back does look stiff. But I guess that's more mental and a result of the long layoff than anything serious physically.

I like how his smoothness is coming back these past 4 games or so. It's not at the point of the Orlando/'04-'05 Tmac yet, but I think it'll come sooner or later.

Right now, it's important that we keep playing the way we are. To me, the Tmac we have now is everything that Kobe could be and should have been when he had Shaq with him.

4. awo86

awo86 Rookie

see while i agree with you, my biggest concern is that tmac can't seem to turn on his motor when he wants/needs to. Hw is playing horrible when the team needs him to shoot in the fourth quarter because hes not able to get to the hole.

5. phatbrain101

phatbrain101 Member

Tmac realizes yao is da man on this team; w/o Yao this team would collapse even further because there would be 0 low post game at all. Yao is opening up everything, Tmac is feeding off this and making us better. How do you think all those three point shooters are so wide open.

6. wingz0

wingz0 Member

True that. And that's also one of my biggest concerns about Tmac. He's just not one to fully take advantage of the no-contact philosophy on the perimeter. When he takes it to the hole, he goes in with finesse, trying to make the shot, rather than just going hard at the defender to draw a foul. It's something that has nothing to do with his back, that's just the way he is ever since his Orlando days. And that's where the difference lies between him and D-Wade. I just wish he'd charge in more.

7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Look, Mac is just warming up... he's a full-blown veteran now, even at his relative young age. He is like a classic car, he's just getting warmed up, and will be in top gear when crunch time comes. You can see the signs - he's testing his scoring ability, ala against Bucks, his playmaking, ala against Grizz - I'd say he's gotta be one of the most versatile players in the league, like Magic.

Ofcourse worst case scenario would be his back goes and we're back to square one, but Macdaddy looks real sweet, and most of all he's having fun, you could see the pleasure on his face after each dish last game, esp. the pump fake- crossover- no-look behind the back to yao for the flush, the expression on his face as he ran back downcourt was priceless...

There are alot of positives right now for this team, and there are tangible signs that show we can clearly be better in the weeks ahead :)

I'm still hangin' out for Bonzi to make a glorious contribution to our team and redeem himself... too bad all he's redeeming rite now is Pizza Hut vouchers :(

8. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

even with tmac playing the way he is, dropping loose change all over the court, i cant help but be worried about the way the rockets are playing. we keep blowing leads late in the game, and i have yet to see the rockets beat a fast breaking team (it seems that whenever we play teams who like to push the tempo, ala NOK, we lose). i think that late 3rd to 4th q, tmac should be the man, and everyone should feed off him, including yao. because teams will focus more on yao than on mcgrady, and because mcgrady can create all over the court, i think the 4th q is his time.

im hoping, and i know everyone else is, that bonzi will come and fit in perfectly and that the chemistry reaches the level that it was during the 04 season. when that happens, this board will have precious little to whine about (although i know some of you guys will prove me wrong) :p

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Tracy has decided that yao is and will allways be our Ticket to a championship. he knows if you get the rock to the big fella first, great things will occur. tracy is putting the team and yao first. he has evolved into a great leader.

10. Omer

Omer Member

As I stated earlier, he's saving that for the playoffs.

11. koopa

koopa Member

Yao will never average 11 rebs. Maybe 8-9 rebs ..most of his rebounds bounce to him and not the hustle rebounds. Chuck hayes is a better rebounder. His scoring can increase though

12. pchan

pchan Member

There is no way yao should average less than 10 rebs a game. I am quite sure he can easily average 11.

anyway.. I like the way tmac is playing, he is not forcing it. I rather he slowly round into shape then trying to jack up 20+ shots every game. His passing has been unreal. I knew he is a good passer, but I didn't know he is this good.

13. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Man he better. hahaha. If he doesn't turn that internal baller knob of his into high gear come playoff time there's going be a lot of angry fans out there. We're going to need both Yao and McGrady playing their best to get anywhere.

For some reason I have a feeling that he can still be the T-Mac of old, he's just choosing not to be and not playing to his full offensive potential is making it slightly harder for him to get into his flow. The less shots you take the harder it is for you to get into the game (If you're a relatively streaky scoerer, as T-Mac is). Just take a look at Lamar Odom, when he doesn't get the ball, his effiency drops, but when he does get the ball enough he can be a great player. T-Mac needs to keep taking his shots unless it's a point where he's hurting his team by missing too much. He needs to find his rythym in his J (which it seems like he is), but that DOESN'T mean he should stop driving to the hole because good things come of that.

T-Mac should still be making plays, still driving the ball, but he should also be looking to get his own shot a little more every game, unless he's too cold, so he can get back into the flow of his game.

He's been shooting better lately and I hope he keeps it up because then we'll be really rolling over this league with T-Mac back in full force and this one guy we have who can't be stopped named Yao Ming.

T-Mac + Yao = Easy Money.