1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA fined Golden State's Steph Curry $5,000 for flopping in Game 1 of the Western Conference Fin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, May 20, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Really upset we have not seen Dorsey throw hands in these playoffs. It irks me. McHale knows better.
    [​IMG]

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Almost looks like McHale tried to turn a clothesline into an RKO. Damn, he was a baller. I sometimes forget that.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Draymond Green set a moving screen, flopped backwards into Trevor Ariza's legs to trip him and then wrapped up Ariza's legs as he was trying to get up. Leading to a wide open Curry 3-pointer.

The worst part was that it was reviewed. The officials looked at it. The announcers looked at it. ESPN's ex-referee looked at it. They all said (except JVG) that it was just a tangle up and shouldn't be a foul on either one.

Even the internet headlines are blaming Ariza, saying that Ariza intentionally kicked Green's head (http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/trevo...n-in-the-face-and-it-sure-looked-intentional/) completely ignoring the fact that Green was the one that intentionally knocked Ariza over.

That play was one of the most ridiculous ones I have ever seen.

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

$5000 penalty is a joke. damn refs!!

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Hey don't forget!!!, He was an elite high school shooting PG. Jalen Rose nicknamed him Water Pistol Pete LOLOLOLOLOHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm actually surprised that they fined that. That was pretty innocuous as far as flops go. I've seen much worse.

7. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

You're almost forced to flop or hit them back harder, but then the foul is on you. It's unbelievable how many illegal screens were set and not a single one called.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Flopping b****

Poster boy of the NBA

Beginning to hate the fapping and circle jerking over Curry and Warrior fans in general

9. SemisolidSnake

That, AND they're a simple way of the NBA deflecting attention from their officiating problems. "We fined Curry for flopping. See! We're keeping a tight eye on both teams. Stop complaining, Houston." They want us to forget about Bogut's screens or Green grappling Ariza on the ground or the no-touch fouls or any of that. Flopping fines aren't about punishment and cleaning that problem up. Otherwise, they'd be technical fouls with the option of suspension. They're purposeful red herrings the league uses just like these two-minute reports. Nothing changes, but the NBA wants you to feel like they're doing something.

It's sort of a shame Cuban and Morey and antagonists to each other, because if they two of them joined forces to call the NBA out on its crap, then that might actually make them listen. Of course, Cuban's team benefits immensely from flopping, so that'll never happen.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, good point, I mean a win for 5k?? Haha I'm sure harden and Howard would pay 20k+ each of it meant a series win...

11. SemisolidSnake

He plays in the San Francisco area. It's a lot more than just a circle jerk going on.

1 person likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah man, I keep forgetting about the old brawls... I mean there is so much money/endorsements in the game you can barely touch a player now. If some of these common hard fouls that happened back in the day happened now.... Players would be gone in the first few min... Sometimes I really miss the toughness.

13. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

14. dje243

dje243 Member

I think just once.

15. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

The worst flop the entire game was Draymond going down into Dwight's knees. He is a serial offender. He hit Conley on the face last series and nothing was called. Dirty player.

16. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

17. SemisolidSnake

The problem is that if you're going to go out and foul like that, you're going to galvanize the other team to try to murder you. You've got to have a team brutal enough to stand up to that onslaught. The Rockets aren't that hard, and even if they were, they'd all get flagrants and suspensions in today's league when the Warriors came back at them.

Just can't do it in the NBA. That's why hockey is a good basketball complement, because it's totally accepted and loved that guys are going to intentionally beat the crap out of each other in every game.

18. dje243

dje243 Member

WELL played sir... well played.

19. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And yet it was Golden Boy Curry who got dinged with a fine......

Seriously, STFU. Harden didn't flop once yesterday. Curry flopped so badly that Isiah freaking Thomas called him out on it after the game.