1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

[​IMG]

After we swing on Austin rivers next month

2. Aydge

Aydge Member

I hope we at least try out a 10 man rotation in the regular season at some point. It's not like you have to stay married to the idea.

D-rock and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you want our 3rd stringers to be playing, we will have to be up by way more than 20 going into the 4th. They are so shitty right now they can blow 20+ point leads in a blink of an eye.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't disagree.

I just didn't watch the game Saturday and afterwards think, okay, we know we can beat the Warriors at full strength...because we didn't, and we haven't yet (I don't think any of the 3 games had all 18 or so rotation players from both teams).

I just don't like to get too excited about essentially meaningless regular season games played at less than full-strength.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Technically true but you're really asking a lot for both teams to be completely healthy at the time of the "randomly" scheduled meetings between GSW and Rockets.

After 3 games (2 wins against GSW with their Big 4 healthy), it is not far out to be confident about the matchup. I haven't felt this confident about a recent Harden led Rockets team against the vaunted Warriors. Last year was OK....but this year is heads and shoulders night/day difference with CP3, Tucker and Luc added.

If they can stay healthy into the postseason, I really like their chances. They have the defense to compliment their Offense now.

6. cebu

cebu Member

Nene is just as needed basis depending on match up.

7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Don’t say “they”, say “we”.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I’m not the one playing in the games. They the actual players deserve credit. I’m just an armchair fan that’s been blessed to watch Hakeem during the championship years and now hopefully this year’s squad.

“We” hope the Rockets will be healthy and go all the way.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

But 3rd stringers are better now.

Green, Black and Hunter should be able to maintain 20 point lead better than My Perogative, Qi and Weber.

fattz and hieuytran like this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Which is why MDA is willing to expand his rotation now! Coincidence? I think not!

D-rock likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Just a thought... let’s get that 20+ point lead nightly then figure out what to do with it. I think that’s a good problem to have.

Troy Williams is in that mix too