1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The most disappointed I've been as a Rockets fan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You weren't around for Game 7 in Dallas then?

40 point loss in Game 7 is A BIT worse than a Game 2 loss.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They don't play defense in the regular season... can't magically turn it on in the playoffs.

They don't run any consistent half-court sets in the regular season... can't magically start running them in the playoffs.

They don't shoot the 3 pointer with consistency in the regular season... can't magically start hitting CONTESTED 3's in the playoffs.

They often get bailed out by foul calls, and shoot more FT'S than anybody else in the regular season... can't magically fathom what happens when he refs start swallowing their whistles come playoff time (which is something we all expected).

I always agreed that this team needed to face real playoff adversity and failure to get better... just didn't think their entire team persona would be as exposed as it was.

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

This team isn't as good as the Yao/TMac team that lost to the Jazz. That one stung. But I mean, at least that team gave a good effort and was well coached.

This squad is ridiculously immature and the lack of go to plays is brutal.

They never found the balance for how to work Dwight into the offense naturally during the regular season, so the fact that they're force feeding the post now just reeks of awful coaching and a panic move.

Pop experiments during the season so he and his team knows exactly what they've got heading into the postseason.

Just embarrassing.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

The playoffs is all about experience, and we have zero on this team... it will take a few seasons with a stable roster to build.

5. TheresTheDagger

I remember that, and it was a huge hurt.

This one is disappointment in the team for showing up so poorly.

Big difference.

6. yummyhawtsauce

tin what the hell are u talking about, lin brought it in the 4th, he can't make harden grow a pair

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I'm disappointed but this is far from the most disappointed I've been, I almost expected this with all the parallels to the 93-94 season, I kinda expected us to go down 0-2

8. kastuul

kastuul Member

No chemistry between Harden and Howard.

9. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

You would think at some damn point you double Aldridge. Maybe 4th quarter of game 4 they will. When we are down 8.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We have two players with finals experience on this team.
    One lead his team to the finals and defeated prime LeBron James in Cleveland in the ECF.
    The other rode on the coattails of Durant and Westbrook and had the biggest chokejob finals performance of all time.

Harden is no better than if you gave someone like Jamal Crawford 20 shots a game.
    He is a scorer, and nothing else.

11. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Never understand why Lin was out when he just started to score. His D was good as well.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Losing game 7 at home vs Utah in 2007 playoffs pissed me off more than any playoff loss.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ive gone passed disappointment to acceptance.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Wes matthews getting free for that lay-up ...

It's beyond high school basketball

15. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Game 6 against Utah in 97 was far more disappointing. This group has nothing on that one, even if Beverly is way better than Maloney.

This team lacks so many things. When I accept the fact that my anger comes from a misplaced faith, I'm not so angry. No defense. Sub-par coaching, which hopefully, when improved, can cover up some of the lazy effort and mentality tendencies that hold this group back.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

#justhardenthings

17. Asian Sensation

WTF are you talking about? Dwight and Harden have both played in the Finals and Harden has been absolute trash every post season.

18. i3artow i3aller

How is this the most disappointed people have ever been?

Raw? Yes, but most disappointed is a hell of a stretch.

I was more disappointed for the T-Mac/Yao era as they actually cared.

I'm not about to lose sleep over a team that plays with a fear of losing.

19. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

Just one of many Harden "defensive" plays

20. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I'm with the OP as far as trying to stay optimistic. I know we can beat this team, as we did it 3 times in the regular season. What I dont understand is why when the playoffs start is the bench shrinked? who made this rule?
    I'ts the bench and overall play that got you in the playoffs, why change the way you are playing? I'm dissapointed at the effort, especially from Harden. Says he's going to attack and hardly does it. Howard and Bev only ones playing hard. We need to win the next 3 or sweep them , but if we lose next game, it's over.