1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mosque Fire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Joe Fan, Dec 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

watch...with more information...they will most likely determine that the entire thing was an elaborate insurance scam...I know the area well, and there are tons of indians and muslims in and around the area. Infact, my late best friend's father is a manager of a restaurant adjacent to the mosque. This guy, a devout worshiper at this mosque, all of a sudden decides to go rogue and burn the place down???

There is still a lot more information yet to come from this story.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

An insurance scam would be nice but given that it happened on Christmas day, I think it's a LOT more likely that this was an attempt at propaganda. Trying to push the narrative of Muslims being mistreated in America. I mean, extremists would LOVE for there to be a legitimate mosque burning in Texas on Christmas day, it would be perfect for their recruiting.

If that wasn't the goal, I'd be surprised, but pleasantly so.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

False flag operation? Or greed going after insurance money?

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Not only does this idiot start the fire in multiple locations, he does it in broad daylight, a mere hour after the the biggest prayer of the week and gets caught on the security camera.

Great idea for an "elaborate" insurance scam.

My money is on a poorly thought out attempt at propaganda or a conflict with the mosque FO itself.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

MY money is on 'god told me to'

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I wonder if this friend you have in mind is the same person I'm thinking of (since you mentioned his dad managing the restaurant). I knew him in elementary and middle school. Was sad to hear of his death. Maybe you and I know each other??