1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The Money Fight" ....Mayweather vs. McGregor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BamBam, Aug 26, 2017.

?

[Poll] Who wins tonights "Money Fight"?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2017.
  1. Mayweather wins, obviously!

69.5%
  2. Obviously, McGregor wins!

3.4%
  3. Don't know, don't care!

10.2%
  4. Sura faints!!!

16.9%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What I'm saying is Mayweather and Pac should have fought when they were younger. I don't know who's side it was that wanted to wait, but it basically turned into an older boxers type of fight when it could have been both of them in their primes (since they're ~2 years a part) and they could have had an actual rivalry. I'm not sure Pac would win (and you're right about Mayweather's competition, he's 50-0 now) but it sure would have been a hell of a lot more exciting seeing them fight if they were both 5-10 years younger.

I mean critics were calling the fight better pretty much better never than late (ie it didn't live up to the hype)..

Most of my post, regardless of Mayweather, is that I miss the bigger heavyweight fights. I mean it's probably been coming on ~20 years now of no top billed heavyweight fights.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If I recall correctly, Mayweather wanted a fight but insisted on Olympic style drug testing up to the weigh-in. Pac declined and said he's scared of needles and that it would weaken him.
    Seemed really shady.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even a flyweight would knock you out. These guys are the elite of the elite. To make it to the pro ranks and get to the level they are at they are insanely good. When you see them on screen and you think you could go a round that is just foolish talk.

Richie_Rich, Yung-T and Sajan like this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I can't believe you spent time writing this.

Did you see what I did there? You can use "I can't believe" on just about anything! o_O

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Regarding the thread's poll, my brother won $100 on a $550 bet on Floyd 1:5.5 odds. That's crazy. He said the late money in Vegas just kept on coming in for Conor knocking the odds down from earlier 1:11 odds.

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

mayweather didnt run in this fight. He was trying to get inside because connor had a reach advantage. Conor tried to keep mayweather at a dostance and play floyds game, winning off the score card. Anyinme he could not get inside he would wrap up or turn his back and exploit the rules. Once connor covered the spread, mayweather turned it up and started sticking it to him. He probably had money on his last fight.

Thats what i saw.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Mayweather is smart and knows who, when and how to fight

You say that to a mayweather fan and they take it as an insult because they know he fights to get paid even if that means he looks like a b**** sometimes.

Or he had money on his "last" fight

He didnt get the nickname money mayweather because he is a pacifist. Plus ufc fans get to go home happy with a handful of excuses thinking their sport can compete or is still better than the pro level.

I miss the days of heavyweight brutes were knocking each oher out, but you take a look at some of the greats such as ali and frazier then and now and you see why boxers dont want to fight like that anymore. After a fight they looked like they got stung by a swarm of bees, and now they need a wheelchair to walk....brain damage

#207 Brown Lost It, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

How long ago was it -1100? The -550 your brother got seems pretty standard for what it's been for the past couple weeks at least.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, I don't know. Saw -900 and -1100 somewhere...probably while looking up PPV times on Saturday. don't follow that stuff, hence why I wrote 1:11 instead of the pro-gambler way of -1100. :)

He didn't say that but I asked,,,"When did it fall that low." He mentioned something about late money pushing it down as he was tracking it, but didn't mention dates or confirm the -1100. Maybe that was the opening odds.

anyhoot, my point was comparing -550 to the Thread Poll.
    -550 just seems crazy to me

el gnomo likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think I recall something like that too, I think if it would have happened sooner it definitely would have been a hell of a fight, I wouldn't even care who won (and most likely it'd be Mayweather winning, definitely agree with you), it would have just been an awesome fight to see.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I thought it was crazy too, but I wasn't about to put any money down on something that had a possibility to be a WWE fight. If it was guaranteed to be a no-shenanigans straight-up fight, the odds would've been like -20000 hah. Even at -550, I didn't think it was good enough value on something that may or may not have been fixed.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

now that this stupid fight is over lets get to the real fight

[​IMG]

heypartner and BamBam like this.