1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. basketballholic

The minimum in CLE is not the minimum. Marion will wind up with some endorsement deal from Rich Paul's people that will throw some extra $$$ his way.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I hope the Rox somehow snag him, we need a guy like Marion who can play the SF/PF and some C ala Birdman. The Rox can offer him not just a chance for contention, but also a starting spot and as a PF he fits next to Dwight like a glove since Marion hit some mid-range/3s and he generally stays out of the paint unless he's driving to the basket.

If we somehow end up with both Ariza and Marion I doubt we miss Parsons at all.

3. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Argh...Lebron is the greatest recruiter in the NBA

5. baubo

baubo Member

I'm surprised. I thought for sure a team would offer Marion much more than the minimum. But if he's choosing between two teams with nearly no money left, then clearly teams like the Rockets and the Spurs, who do have money, aren't bidding.

Maybe he's more washed up than we think??

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

He choose Lebron???why?? we have Harden!!!!

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think it's just about playing w/ LeBron. Indy was prepared to offer him more, but no dice.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i guess this means he doesnt think the mavs could win it since they would have offered him the same money/role

i wonder how dirk feels now, o wait nvm he has his chandlers

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Spurs don't deal with Fegan, it'd be nice if Dwight changed agents so we never had to again either.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Morey is not even trying to sign veterans is he?

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heck no... He wants pieces that can actually increase in value, and not take away playing time from our youth. That's how you put together a package for a third star.

12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Ray Allen declined our offer and Marion isn't interesting in playing for us.

13. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

It really baffles me that we didn't seem to pursue Marion very hard at all. He would be great coming off the bench for us, a really good fit I think. Oh well.

14. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

It had to come down to playing with LeBron and the chance at another ring because his biggest priorities before were to still start and get decent pay. He bypassed both.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Shawn Marion had a face-to-face meeting earlier Monday with Pacers president Larry Bird</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/499020941327081472">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>