1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Man Who Sold The World

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #34, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Morey overrated? Probably.

Is he still a great GM? I think so.

Parsons has become an ego-centric baby. He once was a hungry and humble player that actually tried on D. Now he thinks he's a superstar and that it's ridiculous for him not to be on Team USA, that he is better than Batum, and that he is a superstar despite never being in an All-Star game.

It's not Morey's fault Melo, nor Bosh came here. They resigned with the teams they were with. We didn't lose anyone to another team except Parsons who was grossly overpaid.

In the end - it came down to basically money in every situation. Players picked making money over winning titles. LeBron decided that, Bosh decided that, Melo decided that. What is Morey going to do?

He took a risk at building the best team in the NBA, and lost. He could have played it safe. And then everyone would claim he wasn't as bold as he could be. It's easy to dump on someone when it doesn't work out. But let's be honest, who would you rather have as our GM right now?

2 people like this.
  2. jwayne

jwayne Member

Morey did the right thing... You dont match a $15M/Year contract for a guy who is worth maybe $10M/Year. Period. Plus we signed a guy who statistically is the same offensively and better defensively for close to half $15M!

Move on.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is bbs levels of stupidity

How the hell do you ignore what those moves accomplished? Artest? Asik overpaid as a starting Center? Should we have passed on Dwight because we had Asik?

WTF

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I can guarantee you he did not. He just has an agenda and will use any opportunity to copy and paste the same thing he's been saying in every thread for the past week.

"LOLZ IVE BEEN HATING ON MOREY SINCE DAY 1! BUT I WAS FLAMED AND PERSECUTED. I"M RIGHT NOW THOUGH BRO!111!!!"

5. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

i dont think he should be fired and all that.

it's just the way morey is perceived. people treat him like hes already won championships. built contending rosters. 1 2nd round play off trip and 1st round losses.

he hasn't really proven that a team he's built can go deep in the playoffs. lots of great trades and asset accumulation. i dont know if he will do it or not, but i am wondering if all these great transactions morey does will lead anywhere. will it all pay off one day?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Of course he didn't. He probably can't read and uses his mom to read him our posts.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I meant to say the point on Simmons, liked TD's bit on him

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure Morey f***ed that guy's wife. That's the only way I can explain that blog.

9. Remii

Remii Member

"What makes Morey different from a man at a craps table who has been rolling for 3 straight hours, but is still just about even with the house?

Well he did roll a Harden and Howard. Just hasn't cashed in yet.

"Details that would subject other GMs to widespread ridicule improbably serve to enhance Morey’s legend. A sports site retweets confirmation that Morey browses internet messageboards for draft and trade suggestions, and frames that in the context of him being visionary."

Morey did say he reads clutchfans.

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Lol this article wreaks of jealousy and butthurt

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So if I hate Daryl so much, wouldn't it be logical for me savor every word of an article like this? Don't be so quick to label others, you're the guy that posted false information about adelman, cited it as fact, and then got owned by tinman in a humiliating fashion.

I still love you though wahh.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Why did you even make a thread with this crap article?

Are you the one who wrote it?

1 person likes this.
  13. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

It's an amateur blog post author from medium.com, the creators of Blogger made that website. Anyone can literally write there:
    https://medium.com/about/welcome-to-medium-9e53ca408c48

It's some regular dude and not Bill Simmons or anybody professional, even then it would still only be a person's opinion.

[​IMG]

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

THIS!!!!!

#34 Member

No I didn't write the article, nor do I agree with the article, but I appreciate outside opinions and appreciate the perspective of the writer. As much an amateur as the writer is, his tone was a lot more professional than ours (we 'fanatics') have been in this thread with regards to the author, not that any type of conclusion related to Morey's performance can be attributed that, just saying.

I for one cannot wait to revisit this article and reach out to the author to see if he still feels the same way around the start of the season, trade deadline or playoff time when I assume we'll be in a much better spot than we are now.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It probably takes Morey longer to win the WC Finals than others.

Some have never won it but they were not considered elite GMs

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

LosPollosHermanos and I agree on one thing:

[​IMG]

18. Remii

Remii Member

So just because they didn't choose Houston they picked money over titles...??? Don't mean to be rude but that's a very arrogant statement.

LeBron has a nice collection of young talent in Cleveland and he's the best player on the planet and he's in the east which is an easier path to the playoffs and possibly the finals.

Phil Jackson or Daryl Morey... Also in the east, so can't blame Melo for that one.

Bosh... Bad decision to go after him in the 1st place. He's not an elite player and there was no need to put this organization in a bind chasing after him like he is one.

Morey dropped the ball and you can't blame that on LeBron, Melo, and even Bosh. He just has to own that and try to recover.

19. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Simmons? Did you even read the article? It was written by some hack named TD Williams.

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not necessarily. Reading the thread was actually pretty irrelevant as to whether or not you were going to say the same thing again. You noticed the context of the thread (to be negative of Morey) and it was all that was required to fuel your interest, which lately seems to be just bashing the Rockets front office whenever possible. That top posters list you have there is an indication of that, as it is solely comprised of those who also bash the front office (with an exception or two). :rolleyes:

Anyway, tinman owning anyone is laughable. He just went on a temper tantrum as usual. Hardly "owning". Besides, you were the first one to point out that and I quickly realized I posted something wrong and changed it after apologizing. It was hardly the issue that troll turned it into. If you want to call that getting "owned" then you've been owned in this thread seeing as how you just stated it was by "Simmons" and everyone here noticed.

As far as that thread goes, a one year sample size on Harden and Howard is not big enough when Adelman had two with McGrady/Yao before he had any success, or I would be glad to discuss that thread. We can bump that after this next year. I stand by what I said in it.