1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Lower Bowl at the Toyota Center...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Apr 22, 2008.

1. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

And I forgot. GET OFF YOUR STUPID CELL PHONE.

Again, it should be too loud to talk on the phone.

2. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

3. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

I took vacation on monday to attend both games 1 and 2. Drove down from Dallas.

Since they gave out red t-shirts for game one it was pretty red and looked pretty good. Game 2, hello blue shirt corporate men. That just sucked.

Each person is entitled to watch a game however they want to, make some noise, whatever. My parents are older, so they don't stand that much, only when everyone is. I've painted myself red to Dallas-Rockets playoff games and I've sat down at Rockets games, but there's one thing you can't do as a real fan.

Leave early. Like at 1:51 left in the second game. That was ridiculous. That was embarassing. What the heck are you leaving early for? Those chicks on the segways outside giving away $25 cards for online tickets? To pose with the Olajuwon statue? And don't even say traffic. There isn't any downtown.

But that lower bowl made me mad and sad. Wish they'd fill it up with real fans.

No fan worse than a bandwagon fan.

4. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

I sat in section 434 during Game 1 and there was this guy calling out people who were leaving early. He was pretty obnoxious but it was HILARIOUS hearing him calling out people who were leaving early. And when I say "early", I mean early as in 7-8 minutes left in the game.

I agree with the person above that said traffic shouldn't be an excuse. I've been to 10+ games at the Toyota Center and I have NEVER encountered traffic. It's great.

5. bbjai

bbjai Member

its sad to see when a article from a non rockets fan is calling the rockets crowd pathetic.

/me points to the Hoops Addict Article

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

my cousins sat in that same section, they said some guy was arguing that they were leaving, the left himself with like 2-3 mins left, and someone else called him out. funny stuff

7. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

Man give you major props Dave. I know what you mean, it takes a lot of dedication towards the team to be at the TC on a nightly basis. Talking about the lower bowl again, like in LA...most of the fans just want to be seen and be like hey I attended a sporting event in some nice seats. For game 1 this playoffs, I tried to get some people off their seats behind me and cheer our team on when we had a couple of nice stretches and they all looked at me like what the hell is this clown cheering about.

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I was sitting in 433, row 16 (only 17 rows) & I think I heard him: "POOOOOSERS!"

I was getting REALLY angry with the two douchebags sitting to my right. They were wearing red, but they were cheeering for a Jazz def play on the Rockets and saying TMac sucks, trade him, etc etc. I almost said something & I'm sure I would've been kicked out for that game too. They were begging for swag too & I was making the cut throat symbol to the staff members to make sure they didn't get gear.

$340 seats for section 107, row 3 wasn't that much better with all the lifeless clones.

9. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I still say your tickets were counterfeit.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

haha, but they were my cousins, I was reppin section 421 for Game 1 baby!!! :)