1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Little Black Book of Available Coaches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There is only one: Shane Battier. You guys didn'tlisten to me on Kerr, listen to me on Shane.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Does Shane want to coach? When he's been asked the question before, he has always seemed to punt on it. He's always struck me as someone with too many interests and varied capabilities to stay tied down to basketball. Kind of like Mutombo in a very different way.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ridiculous conspiracy theory as usual.

Les is so cheap that he felt bad about underpaying McHale so he gave him a big contract knowing he would fire him and then pay another coach?

LOL

The Les is "cheap" is a stupid narrative, but even if you buy into it I guarantee that your story above is false.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

I think given the right money and situation he would. You go to him, say you have a scoring phenom in Harden, and good set of role players, and the second coming of Battier in Ariza, and I think he'd be on board. Plus, I think he and Morey could work well together. Look at their Karaoke skills as a team as a point of reference.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Exactly. Another thing, Shane does not like to confront. He's very timid and likes to talk moral victories more than than playing to win it. He would get eaten alive by this roster.

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I bet Morey will go out of his way to pick up Scott Brooks in order to lure Durant even more.

I see Moreh making some sort of promise to Durant, "look Durant, you've never made the finals since the days of playing with Harden and Westbrook so we're going to make that happen. 2017-18 Rockets will have Durant, Harden and Westbrook on same team as well as Beasley (your childhood friend) as well as Scott Brooks. Your dream come true! Also, Les will pay the tax to win as long as we have a superstar team"

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

People said the same things about Kerr.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scottie Brooks would make Durant raise an eyebrow.

9. hakeemthagreat

First off, if Morey's planning on our next coach implementing Moreyball, we will suck for the next 5-7 years:(

10. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

WTF has Shane Battier done to deserve to coach the Rockets?

Just being smart, and playing fundamental doesn't translate into being a great basketball coach.

Some of you are ultimate homers.

1 person likes this.
  11. Zergling

Zergling Member

He has that karaoke chemistry with Morey though. Can't deny it.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

No-stats-all-star-basketball-nerd-close-with-morey

Another Morey puppet.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

He has 3 more championships than any other coaches on the market. He also has played for arguably the best coach in the game, is smart, and is a hard nosed defender.

Like I said, people were equally reserved about Kerr.

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

+1 vote for Shane Battier

15. alethios

alethios Member

I remember he tried to recruit Shane while singing that crappy song and Shane didn't want anything to do with it. Hard to see Shane doing the coaching gig here.

16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

No way should KD or Harden make the decision on who the next coach should be. But if there is an opportunity to get KD, then YES he and Harden should be consulted as franchise players.
    If you're going to bank on your star players, then absolutely get their input, but they don't make the decision.
    And once a coach is installed, he (or she) is the boss!
    Great post from basketballholic on previous great teams and coaches/styles. Spurs have had the blueprint for some time now with Pops that continues to work year in year out.

17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

The entire GSW roster is filled w/ choir boys and high BBIQ players. Two of their top 3 players, Steph and Klay grew up with fathers who played in the NBA. Draymond is probably the only player that I could see butting heads with a coach, but I think his passion for winning and high BBIQ trumps that.

We have Harden and Dwight...two players who would never be confused for being able to handle criticism well. Like Pop's stated before, give him less talented players that buy in and can handle criticism over more talented players that don't do those things.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This Mavs game might be Bickerstaff's worst coaching effort of the season thus far. It's going to be enthralling getting a new coach.

19. buffalobills!!!

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Warm fuzzies? as hot as the sun.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fresh off NCAA title, Villanova’s Jay Wright has emerged as the top choice of the Phoenix Suns to become their head coach, per NBA sources.</p>&mdash; Mitch Lawrence (@Mitch_Lawrence) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/718096994783330305">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>