1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the last center picked #1 and they had to wait to see him play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MykTek, Jun 26, 2002.

1. MykTek

MykTek Member

if i remember right, david robinson was picked as #1 pick of the draft years ago and wasn't released from his duties w/ the navy til a few yrs later......i'll be happy if ming is close to robinson's career.....hehehe.....

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Look...it doesn't matter that the NBA keeps selecting Tim Duncan as a forward for the all star game. They only do that because they want Shaq in the all star game every year...

Tim Duncan is a CENTER

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

well he will be after DSoft is gone

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What about Kandi, he is a center and he started suckin... i mean playing right away.

5. A-Train

Damn, I forgot about Olowokandi. I assumed we were talking about centers with actual game....

To call Robinson the last center taken #1 overall, though, shows a lack of basketball knowledge...

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

nothing to do with basketball

just the NBA

7. BBFEVER

BBFEVER Contributing Member

uh....lets not forget the best one in the league right now...SHAQ!

8. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Ummmmm the guy said the last center picked #1 AND THEY HAD TO WAIT TO SEE HIM PLAY. Please feel free to read before blasting from now on.

9. BullRider

BullRider Member

yao abdul-jabbar baby!!!! I am hoppin this morning!!!

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pervis Ellison was also a center that was picked #1. He sucked, but he was still a center.

11. A-Train

Well, I (as well as everyone else but you, apparently) understood it to mean that David Robinson was the last center taken #1 overall, and he was just adding the fact that the Spurs had to wait two years to see him play. I'm sure NOW he'll conveniently say that's what he meant, after you pointed it out.

Of course, that point is meaningless, considering we WON'T have to wait to see Yao Ming play. He will start the NBA season on time

I'll blast somebody when I damn well fee like it...

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I guess the thread title being "The last center picked #1 and they had to wait to see him play" obviously wasn't enough. Perhaps the poster should have also posted that phrase at the beginning, middle and end of his post as well.