1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Last 10 Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Mar 30, 2013.

1. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Lol ... I actually listened to the music and yes, I like it

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Prediction, the Rockets will go 7-2 in the last nine games, or at least they should. Could. Maybe. Hope they do. Very confident, sort of, somewhat....

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. That's fair. I'll be really happy if I lose too. Just don't see it. I see us getting all excited from beating Orlando and thinking its all gravy, then boom, we suck.

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Put your money where your mouth is:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7755132&postcount=1

#44 kuku, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Pretty sure that Dallas and Houston will end up in the 8th spot. Dallas has the tiebreaker so they get in, we suck and lose. Yay 14th pick.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Regardless, missing the playoffs by a whisker this year is way better than missing it last year. For a team this young being paid so little, to hit .500 is...

[​IMG]

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I think the Rockets will go 4-5, ends with 44-38 at 7th.

8. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

It's good to know that we could go 4-5 and still be in the play-offs.

Lakers with 8 games remaining would have to go 6-2 and beat us while one of the Jazz or Dallas would have to go 7-1 in order for us to fall out of the play-offs.

We've also got the easiest schedule remaining with 2 games against the Suns, 2 against the Kings and 1 against the Magic so 4-5 over the final stretch would be a meltdown in and of itself. I think par for us should be 6-3. 7-2 means we're probably sixth seed and are playing well heading into the play-offs, 5-4 means we're 7th seed and a virtual shoe-in as a 1st round out.

9. brick

brick Member

If Harden plays SG not PG Rockets will get the 6th spot, otherwise Rockets will land on the 8th.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why? I didn't say the Rockets are likely to miss the playoffs. Just noting an interesting parallel between the two seasons going into the last 9 games. Looks likely that they will make it, just don't want to count on it until it becomes a certainty.

11. amak316

amak316 Member

current odds of us making the playoffs are listed at 99%. Im more worried about getting out of the 7th seed, would be really happy with the 6th, and fine with the 8th. I would like to avoid the 7th spot like its the plague

12. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

People, relax on CH. His point is clear, trading PPat may have impact to team chemistry and thus playoffs - i think he did not say extreme words. He is also just referencing last year standings and how it ended up. I was not a Rockets fan last year (yes, I was here because of Lin), but having a team with such a position getting into the playoffs and missed will surely makes you overly conservative until it is a "locked". Right now, I am happy but still not celebrating until I see that "x" mark preceding Houston in the ESPN NBA standings.

One game at a time fellas . . . check deAleck's prediction game-to-game (for your health benefit). Bring in the confetti we have it locked. I don't mind CH reminding us of what happened last season. Facts don't hurt, it brings us to a level of not overly reacting.

13. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

*confetti WHEN we have it locked

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

There's no way Rockets don't make the playoffs this year.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

'blah blah blah...Mchale is COY and if you don't think so you must me a LOF or have an agenda or obnoxious...blah blah blah'

Seriously, get off your high horse and realise that not everyone likes Mchale.

1 person likes this.
  16. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

That's good to know. We can do this!

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I disagree with this notion. I actually hate this attitude. It means we are capable of crumbling when the pressure was on. It means that even when Dallas is missing dirk for two months and when the lakers are having one of their worst seasons and a team like Minnesota has all their injuries, we're still not a playoff team. Which also means we're not a star away from being a contender.
    People keep saying "we're still so young", but that's not an excuse. Harden has been in the league 4 years now, paul George is younger than him. Lin has started more than 82 games now. There are alota other teams that are young too and they're getting it done. Remember, Portland we're really young and looked like they were headed for great success a while back, nothing is guaranteed, we gotta at least make the playoffs now to get some excitement behind our team.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is just ridiculous. Maybe we're not a playoff team and we're not a star away from being a contender. Who knows. What we do know if that what we have right now is between a 7th and 9th seed in the Western Conference, which is incredible for a team with the highest likelihood of internal improvement + Max cap space.

There is almost no team this young doing this well. The norm is for the youngest teams in the league with high roster turnover to be up for high lottery picks. If our star players go down to career ending injuries like Portland, it won't matter if we made the playoffs or not.

The benefits of these guys even having the chance to play in a pressure situation is huge. Teams like Charlotte and Detroit and Cleveland having been playing meaningless games for a while now and will continue to. Kyrie Irving does not know what a truly competitive game feels like. He does not know the pressure that our team faced going up against Golden State the 6th seed to our 7th seed with playoff positioning on the line. Kyrie Irving is not going to be battling Tony Parker in a playoff matchup. Kidd-Gilchrist is not going to go up against Durant this year. Anthony Davis is not going to be testing his skills against a motivated Tim Duncan. But our guys are going to get that, and even if they fail, they will be one step ahead of the rest of the young teams in the league. They will understand playoff pressure, they will understand how playoff D throws a wrench in everything you're running.

If this team contained mostly players who have been through at least that experience and who had been to the most advanced stages of the playoffs, then this would be an utterly useless season. Instead we have Harden who just became a starter, Lin who is completing his first full season, Asik just became a starter and D-Mo getting meaningful minutes. Not to mention Thomas Robinson, Chandler Parsons and Greg Smith getting serious game time.

This season is not a failure even if we finish one loss away from the playoffs, it is a resounding success if we finish 8th and it is a miracle if we finish 6th or 7th.

This team has improved, matured, and exceeded all expectations at this point. We are going to finish neck and neck with a Lakers team that contains Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Howard. We are the 13th best team in the league while our experience ranks 30th. Think about that.

By no means can this year be bundled with one where we had experienced vets like Lowry, K-Mart, Dalembert and Scola playing big minutes and all they had to show for it was going through obstacles they had surmounted in the past. Finishing with the same record as that team would be a huge success, regardless of how far that puts us from being a contender.

In reality, things are not constant, otherwise the addition of Dwight Howard would have propelled the Lakers to legendary status. They were one piece away, look where it got them with an ageing team, unsuitable coaching and terrible attitude.

This team will make the playoffs, I have no doubt about that. But by any objective measure, it would not be shocking to see a meltdown, and it would not be a disappointing season overall if we ended up as the 9th seed in the West. Youngest team as 9th seed + 1 year experience = playoffs next year. On top of that, we have cap space. So we're good. No matter what happens we're good, and we should be proud.

1 person likes this.
  19. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

i think last year we did bad too because of no kmart, im not saying we would have one all games but he does score some when we needed it

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Ha Ha really? Is this the only thread in this forum that you have read? The opening post must have hit pretty close to home for you to be so hypersensitive on the subject.

Blah blah blah get off your own high horse jack.