1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Knicks are getting screwed no matter what

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aroundtheblock2, Jul 18, 2017.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's not so much about their reputation but more so about they ability that Melo would have to bring in a toxic attitude into a team locker room that is young and easily influenced ala Kristaps Porzingis this past offseason.

Imagine having a disgruntled employee having working with a handful of brand new employees. Don't get me wrong some may have the ability to create their own opinions and think for themselves being subjective but others will want to side with that employee for acceptance because they have tenure and already created a name for themselves within the industry. You don't want that hate type of attitude to dilute and spread those employees thoughts and perceptions of the company. So what else do you do besides acknowledging that said employee is becoming a problem and deal with it the best way possible, which in this scenario would be asking for him to resign or get "fired" to be sent to another company.

Obviously it's not exact because you can't trade employees in the business world but you catch my drift. I hope.

Manos likes this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jus have to read the title..... it's all in one sentence.

4. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

6. aroundtheblock2

I understand a NTC, and I understand Phil is at fault for giving him the contract. Phil giving Carmelo the contract is the issue, not Phil bashing Carmelo in the media.

I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I understand how toxic the atmosphere is but it's still not the worst thing that can happen. The worst thing is them exchanging melo for Anderson which is what they're not doing.

I'll take another example with your work. The boss which is you, is very short handed at work and need melo to stay there and work for you. Even though you want to fire him, you can't since you don't have enough employees. You're trying to look for someone, but every person you interview is incompetent but here comes this very skilled employee but he can't work until a year from now. You keep interviewing and finding someone else but can't and ultimately the you just have wait it out and wait until next year to fire melo and now you have this new employee which is free salary cap.

I own a business and had this exact issue and of course not a year but when there's no better offers, there's really nothing the Knicks can do. They're not going to take a trade to make their situation worst than it is. I believe they'll keep him for a year and have free cap if they have to since they aren't going to win anyways. It's going to take more than Anderson and the NG bro's