1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The key to Jeremy Lin's game is simple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spiegel, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Well i thought you meant a prime parker.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

JLin picks up the basketball too much especially when someone forces him to his strong hand (right). He must learn to keep his dribble in traffic, which is hard, because that is when most of his turnover comes. His finishing also needs major work.

Plese pick up the Calvin Murphy and Sam Cassell mid range jumper game. Specifically made for guys like JLin who can't get or finish at the rim.

His fall away going right is not working.

3. ERC

ERC Member

Agree with the keeping his dribble alive part. As for finishing at the rim, Lin was actually VERY good at that last year so we know the skills are there; hopefully he can find them again soon.

4. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I think he's still working off rust from recovery. He CAN finish.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think Lin needs to do a better job at dishing off to the bigs under the basket when he attacks the aint. Right now he is doing very good job at the pick and roll but i think he is still getting better and hopefully by mid-season he will be in peak form.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's not getting the same calls he was getting last season.
    While Lin isn't weak by any means, there is no way he is going to consistently finish baskets getting whacked by 300 pound men in the paint.

If refs continue to let Lin get whacked, Lin should really look into getting a midrange game.

7. ERC

ERC Member

Agreed. I for one can't wait to see his mid-range jumper and teardrop floater again.