1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The key to Jeremy Lin's game is simple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spiegel, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

That's Houston's original area code. Its a coincidence that that's also Lin and Harden's numbers.

2. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Isn't Brandon Jennings on the block?

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lin needs his A game back.

We can't continue to play Harden as one man offense.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    The stupidest post i've seen in a very long time.
    <br>
    On topic:

Lin played well tonight, very surprised he got that many rebounds. Good stuff.

5. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I am a Lin fan but I think he had an okay game tonight whereby he missed a lot of point blank range shots. He hit those like we all know he can, he would have dropped 30 tonight.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's no coincidence when we run, we look amazing. Harden and Lin are dynamite in the open court. Wait till Jones gets a chance then it's game over.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bingo!!

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Just don't attack and collapse into traffic with 3 players and jump in the air to make a pass. That and those lazy passes usually are what causes him turnovers.

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Agreed, I think he's expecting his teammates to move and cut like the Knicks did during Linsanity, but the Rockets haven't figured out his creative style yet so that can't create the passing lanes when he is knifing through the lane. His interior passing and vision are elite, but you need bigs that can catch and create the lane. Couple that with his knee injury recovery, and the risk increases. Until that happens, he should dial it back and take the 17-footer and a few runners and teardrops--all of which he is very good at. Even then, his TO numbers are not bad in the first two games, just a few ugly ones that make people remember.

10. shoops

shoops Member

His aggressiveness is nice, though sometimes when it gets too hectic he actually needs to slow it down, so he doesn't lose the ball. He's doing solid, shame he missed some contact layups late in the game, but it's really the role players that have to step up earlier and not lose the lead so Harden and Lin don't have to carry the team on their backs every game.

11. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Key to his game: his dribble is too high. He needs to dribble lower to the ground especially in traffic. This should lower this turnovers a little. I noticed the defenders have been able to reach around and pick his pocket from the back when he passes them. This is usually indicative of guards who's dribbles are too high.

12. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

This is exactly right. I'd only add to your comment about Lin being a scrapper. He's got this natural knack for intangibles; sliding over to contest a shot and timing the flight of the ball for rebounds - all these things add up and don't show up in box scores.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think Jones will get his chance pretty soon.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I can live with turnovers that are made through him trying to make things happen and being in attack mode, but sometimes when he goes into his shell, then some of his turnovers are somewhat soft.

15. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I think he's also adjusting to playiing with someone who needs the ball and figuring out the best plays for him and his team mates. I'm glad he took more shots this game, because he realized many of the others didn't have it tonight except for Harden. He does still make some mistakes as already mentioned, but makes up for it with hustle on the other end.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

That backdoor cut by Lin. Never seen that before in my life so impressed. Lin was a terrible off the ball player last year. He would have never done any of that stuff before. Whoever made the young Tony Parker comparison is absolutely right. Except Lin uses his size to get contact whereas Parker uses change of direction.

17. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

If Lin's ceiling is Tony Parker, then I would be ecstatic.

18. ERC

ERC Member

Actually Lin does has a nice teardrop floater, and I really wish he'd use it or a mid-range jumper more often to minimize the beating his body is taking, cuz' we're going to need him for 82 games.

But I know what you're saying and agree 100% (well, 99% + floater :grin:)

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Parker is a stretch....

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Just curious how so? I am not saying that Lin will become Parker 2.0 lol. And young Parker isn't the same Parker that we see now. Pop used to scream at tony repeatedly. He was so hard on him in his young days.