1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The key to Jeremy Lin's game is simple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spiegel, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. King Boo

King Boo Member

Goes both ways hater.

Even after a 21/10/7 game from their PG, some Clutchfaners still find a way to hate on Jeremy. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I can see 45 - 37...Period.

3. Gil

Gil Member

Agreed.

Aside from some boneheaded plays and inconsistent shooting he's been good.

4. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Lin is .... you know...;) not hate but downgrade...

5. PointForward

PointForward Member

keys to Lin's game is staying on the bench where he belongs.. Dude is stinking it up out there airballing layups, bricking shots, and taking the ball out of Harden's hands. He needs to gtfo.

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

My last words here : Lin is still above average...cuz he is a CLOSER and too CLEVER to be a average PG.

7. HookemHorns1250

Words can't describe how happy I am of Lin's play so far. He's smart, makes passes that a lot of point guards miss, and realizes who has the hot hand and who doesn't.

He struggled with turnovers tonight, that was obvious, so did Harden. Heck, the whole team did. However, the thing about Lin was, 20+ points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists. His struggled shooting as it took him quite a few shots, but the thing I like about him most, that I think the original poster touched upon, is when he drives...he has an amazing talent of taking it strong, while still keeping an open eye for teammates. He doesn't go up soft for a floater, he looks for contact, and wants to get the lay up or foul called. This forces teams to respect that, and either help which frees up others, or most likely get a foul called if it's one on one.

He's a scrapper. Another thing I love about him. There were numerous plays where Atlanta could have gotten a rebound, but his hustle, and never giving up on a play, got us the ball. Little things like an extra effort to just tip it to our player. I'm going to like this kid. I can't wait to see him more and more as the season goes along.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Parsons is pressing right now, there's no doubt. He'll settle in.

But with Harden and Lin both at the top (elbow extended) and defenses shifting towards Harden, Lin is getting wide open paths into the paint.

It's highlighting his strengths and masking his shortcomings. You can't deny that his weaknesses wouldn't be on full display if we kept our pre-Harden roster. Teams were dying to expose him.

9. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

LOL..this is sarcasm, good job.

10. kinein

kinein Member

yup. if he doesn't stay aggressive and starts hesitating, thats when he - waits too long to shoot or waits too long and the shots gone - or when he leaves his feet without the intention to shoot but pass.

Until you see Jeremy Lin with that game-time face between smiling and laughing - hes not mentally back playing at his growing potential.

11. kinein

kinein Member

[​IMG]

12. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Cant agree more!

My lastest last word is : Lin got HEART, HUGE HEART!!!

13. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

He just tried to be sarcasm ... that's a joke... don't be too serious. :grin:;)

14. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Playing Tony Douglass is the way to go:cool:

15. MKL

MKL Member

No dude, Lin played the Hawks last season and he beat them then too. he had 17 and 9 and blew out the Hawks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71IraBNW46g

16. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Starting 5's TO's for tonight:

Lin: 3
    Harden: 5
    Patterson: 3
    Parsons: 3
    Asik: 3

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Times this starting five has played a full game together: 1.

I know Lin has a history (from his small sample size) of TO's, but you're talking about a team built around a player who has had one game and about 2 practices with this team and two other starting players that just played their second game as a Rocket.

TO's are EXPECTED. Just be happy because everything else that they are doing is NOT expected. Not at all.

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

whooose hatin on Jeremy Lin right now, no one!

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Very good observation. The same could be applied for Royce White.

20. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Why be surprised? KKK still thrive in the South. Many here are card carrying Asians Hating Club members. Vincent Chen, anyone?

1 person likes this.