1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Jump) Where do Rockets stand in West after signing Austin Rivers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

It's going to start off with awful defense and losing games. Then fans will use the trade speculation this off season to justify the team sucking~ saying Capela, Gordon, and Tucker are the cause because they are 'unhappy' when in reality they aren't. Then 'injuries' will occur and the front office, instead of admitting their mistakes, will press release things like 'these players developed these nagging injuries in training camp and have been trying to play through it ect..'

Fans will blame the injuries on a combination of factors, but the biggest being the overall age of our team. Fans will continue to watch all season because 'if we can just scrape by and get into the playoffs our old BUT experienced team has a shot!' However, we wont because our defense will be atrocious and somehow injuries will continue to plague, we will be plagued all year long.

Instead of the front office admitting mistakes made, they will say 'no one could have predicted the injuries and this team has potential and we'll go into the offseason, add some young (cheap) additions (hah ok) to the squad, get everyone back healthy, and we will be competitive in 2020-2021!!!'.

We wont though. By next offseason fans will be calling for MDA's head due to having too tight of rotation, bad timeout calling, and letting the team play some of the worst defense in the league only outdone by a few other teams such as the Knicks.

#61 Realjad, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    robbie380 likes this.
  2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

The Rockets still need to bring in two more players. One big that can play the 4 and backup Capela. Then hopefully a wing that can play some defense as well. If we could somehow get Danny Green and Jamychal Green I would be extremely ecstatic. We could potentially bring in Cousins on a veterans minimum deal as well. Which I would totally be happy with. Rumor is that no one is interested in bringing him in on a big time deal at this point in time.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah, this is a bad take. This is you being pessimistic. There is nothing to suggest we will be THAT awful, no way.

Gray_Jay, D-rock and mike2k132 like this.
  4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I agree that they have one of the best starting 5s in the league. That being said they have major holes that need to be filled at backup center and at the SF position. They need some size and length. Something that they are seriously lacking at this point in time. Would love for them to add a SF taller than 6’7” and a PF/C that is at least 6’11 or taller.

5. Realjad

I edited it a bit to add some more details and clarify. I dare you to save the post. I'm a time traveler dude.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. macan

macan Member

wtf, did rachel just say Rockets is such a fun team to watch??
    what's goin on with this world...i was expecting another ROckets bashing story..did tilman pay off bspn or sth..

7. HP3

HP3 Member

See we have this dude named James Harden, who is the one of the best offensive forces of all time. And as long as he is here, we are at least a top 5 seed in the West. We still have Gordon/Capela/and Tucker. Hopefully House will get better and so will Gary. And dont forget, we are not done adding pieces. Us getting a few good pieces could change more than you think.

And despite how low you are on him, Chris Paul will come back better as well. You dont go from second best in the west(and in the nba imo) to barely making the POs, it will not happen.

But its in the realm of possibility, other teams have gotten a lot better and I can see us not being in the top 4. But barely making the POs....nah, thats crazy.

If you end up being right, please pleeease dont come at me with the "i told you so, we suck" it really makes people look like total tools haha.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

GSW swept Portland in the Western final less than 2 months ago.

And KD was sitting on the bench.

Iguodala is an old role player that GSW actually SPENT a first rounder to get rid of to create cap room, that's how much they thought about his value in the coming season.

Boogie? LOL

I am not saying Russell is Klay, but at the worst, they still have 2 all stars of last year in their lineup, how many all stars that the Rox or Den or even Lakers have?

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Most people have short memories, they all forgot last year in mid season when Curry was injured and the KD and Clay leaded GSW was playing 50-50 balls for a while and almost everyone saying the GSW was always Curry's team and he is actually the best and most valuable player in the league for the best team.

And now, suddenly they are going to be struggling to make the playoff.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

short memory. whose memory is short here. they won't have kd or klay next year lol they also just lost iggy btw

roslolian likes this.
  11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This is just a routine intermittent injection of positivity so they can disprove conspiracy theories by saying "well, see that one time we were positive about the Rockets *puke*, excuse me).

ESPN (except Morey's friend) has a long record to Rockets bashing and stirring up drama. I'm not buying it.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Top 4? Try top 2, top 1 if Kawhi doesnt go to Lakers.

Lots of doubters on this team but if you sit down and analyze the roster you'll see the team is way better than it gets credit for.

groovemachine, Gray_Jay and HP3 like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

Speaking of the jump, Dave Joeger seems to have really good insights. I wonder if he interviewed to be an assistant or if he's content to collect checks from Sacto for two years and make gaga eyes at Rachel Nichols

14. Realjad

15. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

@vlaurelio

16. HP3

HP3 Member

nvm

#76 HP3, Jul 2, 2019
  17. Realjad

Curious, how long have you been a Rockets fan?

I'm asking because with a statement like the one I quoted you saying above you seemingly somehow forgot that the Rockets themselves were the #2 team in the west and made it to the western conference finals after having a near 60 win season in 2014-2015 only to go on and follow that season up by BARELY getting into the playoffs as the 8th seed and a paltry 41-41 record being nearly swept in a very uncompetitive first round.

Come on bro. Don't come at anyone claiming they sound like a tool after making a statement like that.

#77 Realjad, Jul 2, 2019
    justtxyank likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes I remember that team lol. Its not the same situation. We have better players who are more committed. That year we had Corey Brewr, Jason Terry, an Dwight Howard vs Cp, PJ Tucker, and Eric Gordon. So if you think thats gonna net us similar results, all power to you. There was a moment last year when I though the same. But Harden came through. And he'll come through again(could be wrong though).

Okay, i deleted that.....but I dont really understand what I said that made me come off that way. Why would you quote someone's whole post and not say anything except to say "heres what he said, when we suck, remember what he said" if you mean something differently, I apologize, really.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol what I been saying...the assasination of morey is media driven. Like I've said be n u just said...NBA contracts are Guarantee so play

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Scottie Pippen be telling the truth